PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense Integrally Suppressed 300 BLK Rifle to debut at SHOT!!

RoyL
12 January 2013, 02:24
Photos and Information from Rob Curtis at the Military Times Gear Scout (http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2013/01/11/you-didnt-hear-this-coming-the-daniel-defense-isr-integrally-suppressed-rifle/)

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/ddm4-isr/ddm4_isr-2w.jpg

When I first permanently attached a suppressor to a barrel to bypass WA's SBR laws, people thought I was crazy. They thought I was crazier yet when I did it again...

But it seems to be the cool guy thing to do these days with the yet to be released AAC Ranger 3 coming with a flange to making pinning/welding easy, and the newly announced Daniel Defense Integrally Suppressed Rifle (ISR) with a permanently attached suppressor!

The Daniel Defense ISR features a 10.3" CHF barrel with a permanently attached 5.7" length suppressor. The monolithic core of the suppressor is removable for cleaning and routine maintenance, and Daniel Defense notes that their proprietary suppressor should offer about the same level of performance as an AAC 762-SDN-6

rob_s
12 January 2013, 04:22
Just because a company makes a product to satisfy a small customer base doesn't mean those customers aren't nuts. :)

TripleBravo
12 January 2013, 06:19
Just because a company makes a product to satisfy a small customer base doesn't mean those customers aren't nuts. :)

LOL!

MoxyDave
12 January 2013, 13:31
I guess I'm nuts. I like it!

InstaGator
13 January 2013, 06:51
Me too. Would be a perfect close-quarter deer/hog rifle.

skyfire1201
13 January 2013, 21:18
I like it too. Though at 7.62 lb it's pretty heavy even for a rifle with integrated suppressor. For comparison purposes, the DD M4V7 LW is 6.2lb, so the can weights (not counting savings from the 6" barrel) a whopping 1.42 lb at the least. And it's $1500 more expensive. Assuming the barrel can be bought separately and obtaining a SBR stamp is not an issue, with the MSRP of $3200 one can build a similar spec'ed rifle with a Titanium suppressor and shave ~9 oz off the front with an aftermarket suppressor like the GemTech SandStorm. Of course, this self-built rifle won't have the R&D that goes behind the DD production rifle to guarantee proper function. It's up to the owner to decide whether that's worth the price.

uspopo
14 January 2013, 05:14
That is pretty sweet...