PDA

View Full Version : Grips for a SIG P245 ???

louie
30 May 2008, 23:59
Folks,

I'm in the market for a new set of grips for a SIG P-245 pistol.
After several years(?) of carrying with the SIG factory grips, I've had it, they suck, and they gotta go!

I've surfed Nills and a few other folks, and it appears grips for the P-245 are few and far between.

Hogue has 'em (at least on the website!), in a variety of fancy woods. Does anybody have a set of these Hogues? What can you tell me?

Any other grip makers/sellers out there I should check?

TIA, louie

seanmunger
1 May 2009, 03:40
I have a pair of Houges for my p226 and they are amazing. They seem to be a bit larger that the factory grips[noob]

louie
3 May 2009, 09:54
I have a pair of Houges for my p226 and they are amazing. They seem to be a bit larger that the factory grips[noob]

Yeah, I have a set of Cocoabolo Hogues on it now, but I was really looking for a set of rubber, or rubberized grips. The P-245 is discontinued by SIG, so grip manufacturers have discontinued grips for it as well.

The wood Houges are nice, a definite improvement over the factory SIG grips, but I'd really like to find a set of rubbers for it. As I have no interest of using the Hogue rubber slip-on thingys, I'll stick with the smooth Cocoabolos for now.