PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein's List of Proposed Guns to Ban

zero7one
25 January 2013, 22:21
Not to stir the hornets nest, but here you go if you have not already seen this....

Here is the list of 157 makes and models of banned guns:

RIFLES:

All AK types, including the following: AK, AK47, AK47S, AK–74, AKM, AKS, ARM, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Rock River Arms LAR–47, SA85, SA93, Vector Arms AK–47, VEPR, WASR–10, and WUM, IZHMASH Saiga AK, MAADI AK47 and ARM, Norinco 56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S, Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS.

All AR types, including the following: AR–10, AR–15, Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, Armalite M15–T, Barrett REC7, Beretta AR–70, Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Colt Match Target Rifles, DoubleStar AR rifles, DPMS Tactical Rifles, Heckler & Koch MR556, Olympic Arms, Remington R–15 rifles, Rock River Arms LAR–15, Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles, Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles, Stag Arms AR rifles, Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 rifles; Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1; Beretta CX4 Storm; Calico Liberty Series; CETME Sporter; Daewoo K–1, K–2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C; Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL, LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000; Feather Industries AT–9; Galil Model AR and Model ARM; Hi-Point Carbine; HK–91, HK–93, HK–94, HK–PSG–1 and HK USC; Kel-Tec Sub–2000, SU–16, and RFB; SIG AMT, SIG PE–57, Sig Sauer SG 550, and Sig Sauer SG 551; Springfield Armory SAR–48; Steyr AUG; Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rife M–14/20CF.

All Thompson rifles, including the following: Thompson M1SB, Thompson T1100D, Thompson T150D, Thompson T1B, Thompson T1B100D, Thompson T1B50D, Thompson T1BSB, Thompson T1–C, Thompson T1D, Thompson T1SB, Thompson T5, Thompson T5100D, Thompson TM1, Thompson TM1C; UMAREX UZI Rifle; UZI Mini Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine; Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78; Vector Arms UZI Type; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine.

PISTOLS:

All AK–47 types, including the following: Centurion 39 AK pistol, Draco AK–47 pistol, HCR AK–47 pistol, IO Inc. Hellpup AK–47 pistol, Krinkov pistol, Mini Draco AK–47 pistol, Yugo Krebs Krink pistol.

All AR–15 types, including the following: American Spirit AR–15 pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR–15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR–15 pistol, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol; Calico Liberty pistols; DSA SA58 PKP FAL pistol; Encom MP–9 and MP–45; Heckler & Koch model SP-89 pistol; Intratec AB–10, TEC–22 Scorpion, TEC–9, and TEC–DC9; Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol.

The following MAC types: MAC–10, MAC–11; Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol, MPA460 Pistol, MPA Tactical Pistol, and MPA Mini Tactical Pistol; Military Armament Corp. Ingram M–11, Velocity Arms VMAC; Sig Sauer P556 pistol; Sites Spectre.

All Thompson types, including the following: Thompson TA510D, Thompson TA5.

All UZI types, including: Micro-UZI.

SHOTGUNS:

Franchi LAW–12 and SPAS 12

All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following: IZHMASH Saiga 12, IZHMASH Saiga 12S, IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP–01, IZHMASH Saiga 12K, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–030, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–040 Taktika; Streetsweeper; Striker 12.

BELT-FED FIREARMS:

All belt-fed semiautomatic firearms including TNW M2HB.

zero7one
25 January 2013, 22:28
And here is the actual Bill if you want to have some not-so-easy reading...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122212105/S-150

MoxyDave
26 January 2013, 00:39
Everyone should read this. It's really not that tough to read and understand. Most of the length is due to all the weapons listed specifically by name. Took me about 20 minutes to get through it.

I'd say there are only about 30 or so pages of actual reading, all double-spaced with huge margins. Take a look.

Of course it's not easy to read lawyer-speak, but I think by now anyone who cares knows what is outlined here.

The part that kills me is this:

SEC. 7. SEVERABILITY.
If any provision of this Act, an amendment made by
this Act, or the application of such provision or amend-
ment to any person or circumstance is held to be unconsti-
tutional, the remainder of this Act, the amendments made
by this Act, and the application of such provision or
amendment to any person or circumstance shall not be af-
fected thereby.

I almost shot soda out my nose. The WHOLE THING is unconstitutional. What a farce.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

zero7one
26 January 2013, 00:49
I'm wondering where I can get a rifle or shotgun that has a rocket launcher attached to it. I get a grenade launcher, but a rocket launcher? Hey, at least she isn't going after the rifle mounted chainsaws.

ETA:

(43) The term ‘rocket’ means any simple or complex tubelike device containing combustibles that on being ignited liberate gases whose action propels the tube through the air and has a propellant charge of not more than 4 ounces.

(44) The term ‘grenade launcher or rocket launcher’ means an attachment for use on a firearm that is designed to propel a grenade, rocket, or other similar destructive device.

Nothing quite like liberating gases...kinda like when Feinkenstein talks.

zero7one
26 January 2013, 01:43
It is amazing how the "Ban" is ONLY affecting 158 Firearms (by name), though it is EXCLUDING over 2,200 different firearms. Though the numbers get a little skewed when the Remington 700 is listed 40 times, just in different variants. If she would have listed All varients of the Remington 700, there would be A LOT less EXCLUDED firearms, making the ban look a lot less appealing to some on the fence. I'm sure she balances the Federal Checkbook as well.

d90king
26 January 2013, 03:52
Looks like the Tavor is Feinsten approved....

gatordev
26 January 2013, 11:10
It is amazing how the "Ban" is ONLY affecting 158 Firearms (by name), though it is EXCLUDING over 2,200 different firearms. Though the numbers get a little skewed when the Remington 700 is listed 40 times, just in different variants. If she would have listed All varients of the Remington 700, there would be A LOT less EXCLUDED firearms, making the ban look a lot less appealing to some on the fence. I'm sure she balances the Federal Checkbook as well.

This is the part that I'm not quite clear on and I'm not smart enough to know the answer to... In California, it's been legally determined that the State can't just say "All AR-15s" are illegal. It has to be by name for a specific manufacture, which is why there's 14 gazillion ARs and AKs in California and why you can get Colt 6920s (for example) there again. But I'm not sure if the same applies at the federal level.

rudydecc
26 January 2013, 18:06
I wouldn't be surprised if that case law is used to argue on a federal level.

FortTom
26 January 2013, 19:14
Tubes, gases and 4oz. propellent? Rockets? Does that mean my 8 year old grandson either has to turn in his model rockets, or face time in club fed?
Fienstien, I and I truly believe this is reaching senility. Maybe she'll just forget (literally) the whole thing?

FT.

Eric
26 January 2013, 19:21
(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013.
Which would indicate one must have possession of the magazine(s) prior to the enactment of the bill and would not allow individuals to purchase (transfer) pre-ban mags.

FortTom
26 January 2013, 19:48
The following is directly from Feinstien's Senate Website. It appears that the Octogarian, senile, relic has had this in mind for quite a while, now - even before Barry O's re-election. I told people these folks were waiting for Obama's re-election, so there'd be no bleeding in the Oval office from the backlash. Many told me "no way, Obama supports the 2A". I try to avoid those people now. From her official website - “The bill introduced today is the product of more than a year of work, with input from across the country,” Feinstein said. “Getting this bill signed into law will be an uphill battle, and I recognize that—but it’s a battle worth waging. We must balance the desire of a few to own military-style assaults weapons with the growing threat to lives across America. "

So it seems the old hag has been working on this for over a year. The actual time is debateable, as we don't know how much time has elapsed between it's inception, and their shameless opportunistic use of the Sandy Hook Tragedy. I'd also like for her to explain more clearly, just how many people constiture a "few"?

FT