PDA

View Full Version : Low-Pro gas block removal

Hmac
3 February 2013, 18:58
I have an 11.5 SBR with DD Lite 9 rail using a VLTOR low profile gas block installed and pinned by Rainer a few years ago. The gas block also has two set screws, the rear-most of which sits in a dimple on the BCM CHF barrel. It's been a rock solid installation, consistent with Rainier's reputation.

I plan on switching the rail to a Noveske NSR 9 if and when they become available. I'm on backorder at Midway and "Notify me" at Rainier. I'll need to pull the gas block for the install, hence the question:

Anyone know whether Rainier uses a taper pin or straight pin to secure the gas block to the barrel? Do they use Rocksett vs LocTite on the set screws? IOW, can I anticipate a struggle getting the gas block off?

I did put the question to Rainier via "contact us" a couple of weeks ago, but in these times people are undoubtedly very busy and I haven't heard back yet. I'm not under any particular time pressure, but I thought I'd ask around.

/

markm
19 February 2013, 08:15
You can see if it's a taper pin with your eyes when you take the rail off. Drive the small side out if it is. Should be a simple job.