PDA

View Full Version : Magpul B.A.D. Lever

Vern1968
4 February 2013, 15:19
Seeing you guys are top tier AR people, are you guys using the lever or doing without. I personally had it on my other AR but am not going to use it on the new one if I can help it. Everyone usually says they are awesome but I can hardly remember seeing a picture recently of a B.A.D. Lever on anything in here. I never liked the way it wobbled on the bolt release but it always worked the way it was suppose to. Thanks.

Paulo_Santos
4 February 2013, 16:38
I'm not a fan of them because they change the manual of arms. Plus I don't like having anything else near the trigger. JMHO.

csmith
4 February 2013, 18:13
I second what Paulo has said, I don't follow the thought process that reaching up with the weak hand is that complicated.

Koshinn
4 February 2013, 22:25
I second what Paulo has said, I don't follow the thought process that reaching up with the weak hand is that complicated.

The purpose of the BAD lever is to cut steps off the manual of arms regarding double feeds mostly. It cuts a lot of time... But requires training (the change that Paulo mentioned) and double feeds aren't all that common.

The BAD can also cut reload time very slightly. And it helps left handed/weak side shooters reload tremendously, especially with smaller hands.

It helps when clearing your weapon and showing clear (guard mount, returning from convoys, etc). But it eats up your bolt catch, can wear it out due to the wobble, can possibly cause malfunctions if you hit it prior to fully inserting a mag.

It's also very helpful with a redimag.

Some SMEs love it, most don't run it.

I personally have used it for a year and have mixed feelings. As a right handed shooter who doesn't often have to show clear anymore, I've since removed it from my weapons.

rootbrain
5 February 2013, 13:53
I bought one. Wasted money, didn't even fit my 6920.

Rootbrain