PDA

View Full Version : This scope mounting look OK???

Popeye
7 February 2013, 13:33
I apologize for the lousy picture but does this mounting look OK to you? It's a Leupold 1.5 X 4 AR 1 with a Primary Arms mount. Removed the rear sight to move mount farther back to for the eye relief.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-L8Opq9fIYO0/URRs41R4WGI/AAAAAAAAAxc/twIDQNKm-H4/s640/DSCN0206%255B1%255D.JPG?gl=US

Eric
7 February 2013, 15:28
It looks okay, but...
It really depends on how close your eye will be to the optic, which will be partially determined by the stock length adjustment, as well as the optic's eye relief. That's something that won't be determined by a photo (which needs a lot more light[:D]).

Popeye
7 February 2013, 15:32
Well upon further research I ordered the wrong mount. That is an EXTENDED MOUNT not the standard mount. I called them and am arranging an exchange. Kudos to Primary Arms for fast one day delivery and working with me on this one. I'll post a follow up pic when I get the new mount.
With more light [:D]

Vern1968
7 February 2013, 17:24
What in the world is at the bottom of the picture? If you are nose to charging handle the eye relief may be a bit close. Like the response above, it may be okay if you extend the stock a bit. I would love to have some magnified optic on my AR some day. No, I'm sorry. Upon further inspection of the photo that looks like your junk may be in the photo. People's feet are bad enough let alone a picture of that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Popeye
7 February 2013, 17:51
It's my short fat stubby finger I need to keep out of the way of the lens on my phone. If it was my junk you wouldn't notice it. [:D]

Or.... every time I look at Black Betty I get excited. [:)];)

Stock is collapsed to fit better in the picture. With extended eye relief is fine.

FortTom
7 February 2013, 18:01
What in the world is at the bottom of the picture? If you are nose to charging handle the eye relief may be a bit close. Like the response above, it may be okay if you extend the stock a bit. I would love to have some magnified optic on my AR some day. No, I'm sorry. Upon further inspection of the photo that looks like your junk may be in the photo. People's feet are bad enough let alone a picture of that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Good Lord, man, that's what I thought it was too!! That's all we need is people posting pictures of their junk all over a weapons related forum....[crazy]

FT:o

Popeye
7 February 2013, 18:23
No I was trying to hold the phone directly over the top of the rifle and apparently when I moved to hit the camera button my finger got in the way.

csmith
7 February 2013, 21:02
He was just kidding. With that setup can you get a good cheek weld and still see down the scope? It looks pretty high to me.

CLBME
8 February 2013, 06:17
I check in with this site nearly every day....................I think this is the first time I laughed out loud while reading a post........................[:D] Thanks!

Popeye
8 February 2013, 06:29
If it was my junk in the picture as far away as I was from the rifle. My wife would be very happy woman and I would be a movie star. [:D]:cool: