PDA

View Full Version : Why Geissele?

csmith
10 February 2013, 15:36
What do you get from a $200+ trigger? I've only used what comes in the LPK package, but now have a LPK coming in sans fire control group for AR number two. So, what's the appeal? I gather the ALG line is just basically polished contact points (with one coated in NiB), but what does their higher end line get you?

Their Trigger Summary Sheet (http://geissele.com/pdfs/TriggerSummarySheet.pdf) only really gives pull weights, their opinion of primary uses and oddly worded descriptions like "Carrot-like 2nd stage break" and "Candy cane-like 2nd stage break".

Paulo_Santos
10 February 2013, 17:04
They are one of the few two-stage triggers that are durable enough for duty use. For some, it is worth the price.

UWone77
10 February 2013, 17:27
csmith,

In my opinion, it's one of those...you have to try it out to see if it works for you kind of thing. I'm fine running a basic mil-spec trigger, but I can feel a difference when shooting my SSA. I am faster and it breaks cleaner. It it worth $200? That's only something you can decide. I will say I use a ALG ACT trigger on my work gun, simply because the dept won't allow non-mil spec triggers. I have SSA's in almost all my other guns though.

If you look around, you can get a SSA for $157 at dsgarms with a mil/LE discount, or go to Geissele and order a G2S, which is basically the same trigger without laser engravings and batch testing.