PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good duffel...

Creeky73
10 February 2013, 20:24
as the title states, I am looking for a quality duffel bag, for the purpose of holding random small tools, like a hand axe, crow bar, etc. I don't really want to get into the $160 Maxpedition stuff if I can help it. Needs to be at least 22" long. I was looking at the basic REI duffels for around $30 or so, I am willing to pay more than that, I just dont want to go crazy. Any suggestions?

csmith
10 February 2013, 20:41
Tactical Tailor gym bag or large range muli purpose bag for starters. I can't say enough good things about quality from Tactical Tailor (and I always try to buy American). Check out their website, they have plenty of bags to choose from.

Creeky73
10 February 2013, 21:07
Tactical Tailor gym bag or large range muli purpose bag for starters. I can't say enough good things about quality from Tactical Tailor (and I always try to buy American). Check out their website, they have plenty of bags to choose from.

that gym back looks to be perfect. Thanks for the suggestion [:D]

ronin3298
11 March 2013, 20:22
I have all sizes of the TT multipurpose bags and they are all great. The only gripe I have is I wish they would double-up/sew the handles to make it a firmer grip. This is especially helpful when you have the bag loaded to full capacity. Other than that like all of their gear it's built solidly and is simple in design. Nothing complicated or extra features that would add to the cost, just three compartments perfect for when you have a lot of stuff to pack and don't need them separated or organized in any order.

Bob Reed
14 March 2013, 05:53
Hello,

Another vote for Tactical Tailor's Enhanced Duffle Bag and their Range Bag (and like Ronin3298 said - the handles on the range bag should be folded over and sewed) but other than that, it a great piece of gear and the large range bag also doubles as a nice piece of soft luggage as well. I'm going to take my range bag to a friend that owns a local custom canvas shop and have him fold the handles over and sew them and then order two of the medium sized ones in the near future.

Here's the Range Bag, and U.S. Tactical Supply is a good company to buy from. http://ustacticalsupply.com/rangebag.aspx

Here's the Enhanced Duffle Bag http://ustacticalsupply.com/militaryduffle.aspx