PDA

View Full Version : Machine gun question.

Zeake
19 February 2013, 17:38
How is it that this awesome young lady is using a machine gun that looks to be made post 1986? I want to know the loophole her father has found as I would not mind the ability to legally own one. I doubt it would ever get shot as they eat too fast but still I would love to know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By_u5kmvq9o

niner
20 February 2013, 09:33
I talked to a guy at a gun show who had 6 or 7 laying on his table, and he said the only part that is required to have been built before 1986 was the sear, and that alone cost $10,000-$15,000. I am not sure how accurate that statement was, but he had 6 or 7 as I said and he wasn't shy about it so who knows.

Zeake
20 February 2013, 09:37
I talked to a guy at a gun show who had 6 or 7 laying on his table, and he said the only part that is required to have been built before 1986 was the sear, and that alone cost $10,000-$15,000. I am not sure how accurate that statement was, but he had 6 or 7 as I said and he wasn't shy about it so who knows.

I could see that. I once got an invite to a class iii auction. The auction was for 300 hk mp5 registered seers. I just thought the kid had an acr which was built post 86. I don't know if acr uses same trigger assemblies or not. I also do not wish to pay that kind of money for one. If it were the same price as a regular ar , sure.

2ATA
20 February 2013, 11:35
It is common for manufacturers to provide a weapon for a particular stage in the 3G world. May simple have been a sponsor stage.

Zeake
20 February 2013, 11:40
It is common for manufacturers to provide a weapon for a particular stage in the 3G world. May simple have been a sponsor stage.

That young lady looks as if full auto is not uncommon for her. :) It looks as if there is not cheap way to do it.

Hmac
20 February 2013, 12:30
Wow, that girl certainly appears to know her way around firearms. Very impressive.

Gator
20 February 2013, 22:59
Ya, im more inclined to think itwas provided by a sponsor. Here's a question... If her dad had an SOT, would she be able to use one of his MGs under his supervision or is that beyond the scope of the SOT?

Jack Kardic
21 February 2013, 00:29
I second or third or whatever a sponsor gun. And you don't have to own an MG to be allowed to shoot it. There are ranges all over the country that rent MG's for use on the premises.