PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly Defense 6.8SPC????????

Paulo_Santos
18 June 2008, 08:40
I was just going to call Charles Daly Defense directly or send them an IM, but I just wanted to start a thread to see if there was any interest.

Charles Daly Defense: I know you guys are just starting out with the 5.56 AR's, but would you guys be interested in making some 6.8SPC uppers? With the right specs, I don't think you guys would have any problems selling them.

These are just my thoughts:

1. 14.5" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the carbine length gas system.
2. 16" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the Mid-length gas system.
3. 20" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the Rifle-length gas system.

The profile that like is like the Government Profile (.700" under the handguards).

I'm on my 4th 6.8SPC barrel and they all have the 1:11" twist and SPCII Chamber.

What do you guys think?

Charles Daly Defense, if you want to discuss this off-line, just send me an IM and I'll give you my contact info and I can help you with anything you need.

Charles Daly
25 June 2008, 21:12
I was just going to call Charles Daly Defense directly or send them an IM, but I just wanted to start a thread to see if there was any interest.

Charles Daly Defense: I know you guys are just starting out with the 5.56 AR's, but would you guys be interested in making some 6.8SPC uppers? With the right specs, I don't think you guys would have any problems selling them.

These are just my thoughts:

1. 14.5" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the carbine length gas system.
2. 16" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the Mid-length gas system.
3. 20" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the Rifle-length gas system.

The profile that like is like the Government Profile (.700" under the handguards).

I'm on my 4th 6.8SPC barrel and they all have the 1:11" twist and SPCII Chamber.

What do you guys think?

Charles Daly Defense, if you want to discuss this off-line, just send me an IM and I'll give you my contact info and I can help you with anything you need.

I don't know how I missed this post but somehow I did, so sorry for my long delay in replying.

We do have interest in offering 6.8 uppers and thank you for your suggestions.

I would like to discuss this with you further. How about giving me a call at my office Thursday or Friday of this week. (Anytime after the Supremes rule on Heller tomorrow.) You can reach me toll free at 866-DalyGun (325-9486).

Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Paulo_Santos
26 June 2008, 17:41
Thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can give you a call tomorrow (Friday) after I'm finished with SWAT Training.

Here is my new 14" 6.8SPC. Sorry the picture isn't in the Stickman class[:D]

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/100_4077.jpg

TigerStripe
26 June 2008, 20:05
Don't feel bad. There aren't any people in Stick's class photography wise. The rest of us just have to make do...

TS

Paulo_Santos
30 June 2008, 13:49
Mr. Kassnar, it was a pleasure talking with you. If you need any help, give me a call. I think a 16" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the Mid-length gas system would be the best place to start, followed by the 14.5" barrel.

Good luck with it and I hope Art was able to help you out.

Charles Daly
30 June 2008, 14:04
Mr. Kassnar, it was a pleasure talking with you. If you need any help, give me a call. I think a 16" chrome lined barrel with the 1:11" twist, 4-groove, and SPCII Chamber with the Mid-length gas system would be the best place to start, followed by the 14.5" barrel.

Good luck with it and I hope Art was able to help you out.

Indeed, it was a pleasure for me also! I can't thank you enough for steering me in the right direction. I just got off the phone with Art and I will have the technical data in my hands shortly. I will keep you posted on our progress.

Thanks again,

Paulo_Santos
30 June 2008, 14:08
Indeed, it was a pleasure for me also! I can't thank you enough for steering me in the right direction. I just got off the phone with Art and I will have the technical data in my hands shortly. I will keep you posted on our progress.

Thanks again,

That is great. [:)][:)][:)]

justbill
14 September 2008, 07:06
Mr. Kassnar,

Is there any updated news on the 6.8 project you can discuss at this time?

Charles Daly
14 September 2008, 10:57
Mr. Kassnar,

Is there any updated news on the 6.8 project you can discuss at this time?

The only update I can give you is to say that like most new projects, this one is no exception and is taking much longer than originally anticipated. It isn't so much the 6.8 istelf that is the problem but rather the other projects in line ahead of the 6.8.

We have to finish the launch of our lightweights, A4's, and LW Middy, all in 5.56, before we can get to the 6.8, and I should add, the 6.5G.

I wish I could give you something more concrete, but at this point it is anyones guess. Perhaps November?

I will let you know when I have more specific information.

Sincerely,

Stickman
14 September 2008, 14:22
Better to stay on target with solid products than to get in a rush. I think everyone here feels the same in that respect.

TigerStripe
20 September 2008, 21:21
Better to stay on target with solid products than to get in a rush. I think everyone here feels the same in that respect.

I agree. You (Charles Daly) have started out your 5.56 series with quality weapons. I'm sure you won't let a bad product to reach the market, but slow steady high quality releases will only raise the CDD brand of defensive weapons.

TS