PDA

View Full Version : Bobro vert. grip

5.56 Five0
28 July 2007, 11:34
I just got my Bobro grip in and I must say that this thing wreaks of quality. I have used KAC (which were my favorite due to grip size), Tango Down, First Samco and the CQD grips. I can say that this one is my new favorite. It installs in seconds and you no longer have to slide your grip over the entire length of bottom rail. This thing is quick to install and remove and locks up just as tight as the other grips mentioned. If you are in need of the best vert. grip on the market then you need to look at this one. The guys that made this got it right!

For the record I run a Surefire 9P light (just my preference) in a Viking Tactics mount on the bottom rail of my AR. I have used just about every light Surefire has made and for some reason I like the above setup because of its simplicity and the fact that it is about the lowest profile design I have found. The issue with this setup is the mounting surface (SACL) is a little wide at the attachment point and therefore my thumb has to reach a little to activate the clickie tail cap on the light. This is by no means a negative issue but something I am going to have to get used to. Lets just say it feels a little different than what I am used to. This grip is still by far the best on the market and I am going to enjoy getting used to it.

Stickman
30 July 2007, 05:24
With my AR15 mount setup inside my cruiser, I can't use a VFG. The Bobro VFG allows quick enough install and removal where using a VFG can be an option again for me.

I run a pretty high grip most of the time, and the SCAL doesn't bother me at all. The rounded upper edges of the mount felt a little different than what I've been used to, but every VFG is a little different than its siblings, so that wasn't a huge deal. A little dry fire work at the ranch and it feels second nature, its not different enough to really stand out, but that could be because of my hand size.

Below is a picture of how I've been running my hand placement, but I've been working on difference placement and keeping my lower three fingers on the VFG, and pointing in on target with my index finger.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BoBro/IMG_2740%20Stick.jpg

I need to look at a new cruiser mount that is similar to the enlarged handcuff clamps, but we'll have to start that as another topic.

5.56 Five0
21 August 2007, 21:40
Someone mentioned not having to install this grip with a mallett. I could have chunked my whole AR setup in the trash while trying to get a TD vert. grip installed on my ARMS SIR system. That was even after I removed a bunch of material from the TD grip so that it would even work with my rail setup. Stick, have you tried the Bobro grips on ARMS SIR systems? I don't see why it wouldn't work. I would try it but I no longer have a SIR.

5POINT56
21 September 2007, 09:56
I really like the attachment piont on this...I'm going to have to get one. I need a mule team to dislodge my TD grips...and that has always seemed a bit...excessive.

Thanks for the write up!

Stick....any chance for a photo of it mounted without being held? How long is this compared to the KAC? About the same?

Stickman
21 September 2007, 10:06
I really like the attachment piont on this...I'm going to have to get one. I need a mule team to dislodge my TD grips...and that has always seemed a bit...excessive.

Thanks for the write up!

Stick....any chance for a photo of it mounted without being held? How long is this compared to the KAC? About the same?

This is about the best I can do, I don't have a KAC grip, but I thought they were about the size of the GG&G.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BoBro/IMG_2422%20Stick.jpg

SuicideHz
21 September 2007, 10:52
So do you have to completely remove the storage compartment to access the batteries? It looks like a lot of threads to unscrew...

Also I'd venture to guess that when accessing the battery storage, your grip is no longer part of your weapon, correct? Theoretically you'd end up with a weapon, two pieces of a VFG and two batteries in your two hands, right?

Lumpy196
23 September 2007, 22:12
Now if they'd just make it in Dark Earth [:)]

SuicideHz
26 September 2007, 19:08
Ok, another question- What is that in the logo? "A" for Andrew and some other letters together or what?

John Hwang
1 October 2007, 10:43
From Andrew Bobro:

I created that logo when I was still in the Army, I had planned to start my own company, and wanted a logo that was different and was easily recognized. It really has no meaning.

03humpalot
1 October 2007, 12:38
Just got mine in today, sweet piece of kit.

03humpalot
1 October 2007, 13:03
5point56
I had my Carbine out for cleaning and snapped a pic for you.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9376/bobro1so3.jpg

5POINT56
3 October 2007, 16:19
5point56
I had my Carbine out for cleaning and snapped a pic for you.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9376/bobro1so3.jpg

Perfect! Thank you.

Looks great....I like it.

five13
12 October 2007, 04:02
Stick, A couple of our cars have that large handcuff type mount in them. My rifle was a no go with a VFG.

Klutched
24 April 2008, 12:01
Anyone heard anything about an FDE BoBro?