PDA

View Full Version : Magpul's Swan Song

csmith
26 February 2013, 20:20
Magpul has announced via their Facebook page they will be offering up to 10 magazines directly to Colorado consumers in the near future. There are also plans to make the same offer to other states' citizens faced with a looming "high capacity" ban. Consumers from those states not expecting a ban will, as far as I can tell, be bumped back a bit in the queue.

I realize people already waiting for these products might become a bit peeved at this, but take a moment to grasp the entire situation. These products will soon become illegal in the states in which they are going to be offered. Please allow your brothers/sisters in arms to acquire the assets they can before they are never again legally available.

I realize the site staff is comprised of industry insiders, so if you guys have a more eloquent/accurate press release for the industry news section please feel free to delete this.

zero7one
26 February 2013, 21:06
CSmith, No need to delete your comment...if we come across additional information, we can just add it here or in the Industry News. Don't ever feel that our information trumps your info. We are all about sharing info here, not being on some power trip.

csmith
27 February 2013, 17:32
No worries, just meant I understand removing duplicates of topics to cut down on clutter should you guys get better/more information.

FortTom
27 February 2013, 18:32
I'm confused. It's my belief that all states will be affected by a Federal ban on high capacity magazines. Since Federal law trumps state law, unless I'm completely confused, which is very possible, then Magpul is "cherry picking" where they sell their mags. I guess the bottom line here is, MagPul can do anything it wants, within the law, but I don't see favoring one state over another, as other states have supported their business, equally.

FT

csmith
27 February 2013, 18:49
The passing of the federal law, atleast in my eyes, is a long shot and isn't even close to being on the floor. The impending laws from state governments are present here and now. Coloradoans, come July 1, will no longer be able to legally purchase "high capacity" magazines. A few other states are in the same boat.

I also think Colorado being the home base for the company until this legislation fully passes has a bit to do with it. Simultaneous middle finger to the state government and "last hoorah" to/for the shooting public of the state.

Stickman
27 February 2013, 19:29
I'm confused. It's my belief that all states will be affected by a Federal ban on high capacity magazines. Since Federal law trumps state law, unless I'm completely confused, which is very possible, then Magpul is "cherry picking" where they sell their mags. I guess the bottom line here is, MagPul can do anything it wants, within the law, but I don't see favoring one state over another, as other states have supported their business, equally.

FT

You are confused. Colorado is days away from a STATE ENACTED BAN. The country as a whole is engaged in a possible Federal ban, but the Democrats are pumping a lot of money and support into Colorado in an effort to get the ball rolling. Magpul has been fighting this and testifying in front of state panels with the aid of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs who all see this as the fraud it is.