PDA

View Full Version : Vortex scopes

SFW
28 February 2013, 18:40
What is the general feeling toward Vortex scopes? I'm thinking of picking up a 2x7 scope for my latest build. I just want to make sure that I'm not looking into a scope that will not hold up. Thanks for the help.

csmith
28 February 2013, 19:20
I feel they are of very good quality. The warranty is outstanding, too. I'm currently running one (PST 4-16) on my hunting rifle and I was less than kind to it this past season to say the least.

AKDoug
4 March 2013, 20:20
All my hunting rifles sport Vortex optics. They've survived all that Alaska can dish out.

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

tpelle
6 May 2013, 16:14
I shoot NRA Highpower Rifle, and use a Vortex Skyline 80 as my spotting scope. Their No-BS Warranty is just that - No BS. A couple of weeks before the first match I was practicing setting up my "workstation", and I noticed that somehow, over the winter, the focusing knob had come unscrewed out of the scope body. I packed it up and shipped it off to them with a description of the problem, and got it back within two weeks repaired, realigned, cleaned and purged, all at no charge.

zero7one
6 May 2013, 18:13
I just picked up a Vortex (http://www.vortexoptics.com/) Viper PST 6-24X50 EBR-1 MRAD (Link) (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2708) from Rainier Arms on Saturday. I will be mounting it on a MEGA Arms .308 AR.

I have never had any problems with Vortex scopes and the warranty work on my SPARC was quick and pain free. Remember, there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. Vortex Optics are inexpensive, but definitely not cheap.

Eric
6 May 2013, 19:52
A couple weeks ago I purchased a Vortex 1-4x24 Viper PST, but ended up sending it back. The seal on the body of the ocular end was very sloppy. The argument could be made that it was only cosmetic, but I was concerned that the integrity of the seal was in question. Vortex stated they could send me a return shipping label and that they would be able to clean it up, but in my mind it should have been replaced. Luckily, I purchased it through Brownells who has an outstanding warranty policy and it was sent back for a refund since they did not have another one in stock. I have another one on order from elsewhere and it should arrive in the next day or two.

After I get some time on the optic I'll be able form a better opinion on it. I didn't bother mounting the first one but did look through it and the glass appeared to be very clear.

For the most part, you get what you pay for in optics. However, I'm not ready to drop $1,500 or more on a 1-4 optic right now. If anyone wants to donate a NightForce 1-4x24 NXS Compact Illuminated Reticle Riflescope, Schmidt & Bender Zenith 1.1-4x24 POSICON Riflescope (or similar), let me know. [BD]

GTH
10 May 2013, 22:23
For the last 6 months I have run a Vortex HD Razor 1-6 on my Noveske AR for 3 gun completion. Very impressed with the quality and design. Rugged construction and great glass.
Can't beat their warranty --- just return it for repair or replacement for the life of the scope -- no proof of purchase paper work needed.
My wife also shoots 3 gun so we are going to replace the ACOG on her gun with another Vortex - just ordered it today and will be putting the ACOG up for sale on this sitel