PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XDS ...

Flatlander
8 March 2013, 12:58
I keep looking at the Springfield XDS .45, and having finally seen one in person yesterday, am more interested in it. One friend reports good luck with them. Some difficulty in ejecting a live round, but otherwise the cream of the crop of subcompact pistols. Reviews have been helpful, but there aren't a lot of reviews to the effect of "Now I've had this gun for a year and shot it a lot more, here's what I really think ..."

Does anyone have any long term experience with this pistol? or at least, "this is what I think of this gun now that the new has worn off?"

chrisstophere
14 March 2013, 12:42
Flatlander,

I have one of them as my EDC. My experience is really limited but I've found it to be a decent firearm for a fairly economical price.

Size and weight turned out to be great once I got a decent holster and belt. I've chased my kid more than a few times without it causing any kind of issues of flopping all over the place. Recoil is like many other online reviews have stated; not bad and more of a rearward push then anything else. With a few inexpensive mods, it is fairly comfortable to shoot during your regular practice.

I took a crappy cell phone pic. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/15/aqy4are5.jpg