PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Rhino Wars?

Stickman
8 March 2013, 13:59
I didn't see it, but I read an article and I am amazed at the liberal mindset. People posting that all of the poachers should be killed and tortured to death. Others posting that "all the Asians" should be rounded up and tortured then killed for using rhino horn. The comments are then "liked" by hundreds of people.

The same liberals that hate the military are making comments about the US needing to use lethal force to save animals.

I've heard good things about Sawman (Craig Sawyer), and the Fox interview of the 4 man team made it look like they were all pretty good guys. If I find the video, I'll post a link.

Musashi
8 March 2013, 19:02
No liberal here, but Africans got to realize that tourists travel there for the wildlife, not to see bad examples of overpopulation. If this money flow should continue, they better preserve whats left.

Stickman
8 March 2013, 20:38
No liberal here, but Africans got to realize that tourists travel there for the wildlife, not to see bad examples of overpopulation. If this money flow should continue, they better preserve whats left.

I agree, but it reminds me of being in Egypt. The only touristy thing they have going on is work that their ancient ancestors did thousands of years ago. What do you find when you go to the pyramids? Open garbage pits and people digging and looting.

Hmac
9 March 2013, 04:33

The problem is that there is always a percentage of the population who just don't care. Or at least, they only care after they have theirs. I spend a lot of time in Haiti. Haiti is an example of where that cultural attitude eventually takes a country.

Deckard
21 March 2013, 22:35
I think the threat of North Korea and China has caused a fear of Asians hence why comments like that get "liked" so much. Many Americans can't tell the difference between the two. One thing I hate hearing is when someone says they're from Korea and they get asked, "North or South?". Obviously they're from the South. North Koreans can't escape from the North and if they do only a few get through. I think Weapon Outfitters posted a screen shot of the hash tag Red Dawn in Twitter people were talking about how they hate Asians because of the movie. Rhino Wars is okay they're fighting a noble cause and they don't shoot the poachers on sight. I think Whale Wars is a better show no matter your views on the situation.

Stickman
22 March 2013, 17:42
I have a very hard time believing anyone suddenly hates Asians because of Red Dawn.

Deckard
22 March 2013, 17:54
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2d7zrgCL1qz6kbro1_1280.png

This is what I was referring to.

Stickman
22 March 2013, 18:18
I take that as dry humor and sarcasm.

usmcar15
4 June 2013, 14:26
I'm Asian, so let them bring it on.