PDA

View Full Version : Vacation / Cruise Recommendations....

zero7one
22 March 2013, 08:33
Well, something happened that I didn't expect to happen for at least the next 10 years. My kids will be visiting their cousins this summer for two weeks, leaving the Mrs. and I without kids to take a much needed solo vacation.

I'm looking for suggestions for about a week long vacation to a warm destination, preferably on a cruise. We have done a 10 day Hawaii cruise before and loved it. We are possibly looking into the Caribbean.

Any suggestions are appreciated and personal experiences are best. Thanks!

InstaGator
22 March 2013, 11:36
Personally, I'd recommend a all-inclusive resort on Cozumel, Bonaire, or one of the Cayman Islands.

Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

Jerry R
22 March 2013, 14:48
I have not had a chance to take it, but everyone recommends the Alaska Cruise. A little cold right now.

I've done Eastern Carib, and really enjoyed it. I would not do Carnival right now - poor track record.

Aragorn
22 March 2013, 16:12
Puerto Rico is nice. Lot's to see and do. My favorite thing there was bioluminescent bay. You go at night and have to kayak to get there, but it's awesome because microorganisms in the water cause the water to glow blue when it is disturbed. Swimming there was one of, if not THE coolest thing I've ever gotten to do. There is also scuba and snorkeling, Aricebo radio telescope which is the largest radio telescope on the planet and was featured in 007 Goldeneye, the El Yunque rainforest, and the Camuy Caves.

If you check it all out, also check out Palmas Del Mar for a place to stay. Wonderful resort.

MoxyDave
23 March 2013, 13:07
The nicest places I've been for vacations are the Cayman Islands and Bermuda. The trip to Bermuda was part of a Norwegian cruise. Very relaxing, no stress ... I really loved it and it wasn't super expensive.

browcs
24 March 2013, 20:32
....where ever you go, I'd recommend you not travel on a Carnival Cruise Line ship....lately, they ain't doing so good.

Zerosignal
25 March 2013, 20:47
Carnival has always been trash.

zero7one
7 April 2013, 23:46
Thanks for everyone's responses...we opted at the last minute to drop the cruise idea and instead we will be going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for a week at an all-inclusive resort.

colbyslanbia
22 August 2013, 04:14
awesome planing give review about punta cana i'd love to read about it :P

zero7one
22 August 2013, 10:53
colbyslanbia - We stayed at the Melia Caribe Tropical in Punta Cana. The weather was perfect, beaches clean, and the resort was top notch. We only did one excursion, which was from Bavarro Runners, which took us to different plantations (sugar cane, cigar, rum, etc), had a traditional Dominican lunch, and went horseback riding. I would love to go again, but not sure if we would take the kiddos since that resort did not have a whole lot for kids their age (8/11) to do.