PDA

View Full Version : SMI Nickle Boron BCG

csmith
30 March 2013, 15:59
$270 Shipped. SMI NiB BCG. Staked gas key, never fired, still has packing grease.

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/CASDB/Stuff%20For%20Sale/IMG_3219_zpsdf3ae328.jpg

FortTom
30 March 2013, 16:24
My latest, and probably last (yeah right) build uses a SPIKES Tactical NiB bolt. An M16 version (little bit heavier). I'd never turn back, unless something better comes along. I can tell it runs cooler, smoother, requires much less lubrication (it'll just sling extra off) and the very best feature is that I can clean it with some Gun Scrubber and a piece of T-Shirt. The bolt tail is the same. No carbon build up to scrape off. Maybe a speck or two once in a while....comes off with my thumb nail. No scraping. That alone was worth the price of the BCU. Also, in a pinch, these have been run dry about 1500 rounds with no problems. Enjoy, if this is your first one, you'll love it. If not, I'd say you pretty much know that they're cool as heck.

FT

csmith
30 March 2013, 16:44
My latest, and probably last (yeah right) build uses a SPIKES Tactical NiB bolt. An M16 version (little bit heavier). I'd never turn back, unless something better comes along. I can tell it runs cooler, smoother, requires much less lubrication (it'll just sling extra off) and the very best feature is that I can clean it with some Gun Scrubber and a piece of T-Shirt. The bolt tail is the same. No carbon build up to scrape off. Maybe a speck or two once in a while....comes off with my thumb nail. No scraping. That alone was worth the price of the BCU. Also, in a pinch, these have been run dry about 1500 rounds with no problems. Enjoy, if this is your first one, you'll love it. If not, I'd say you pretty much know that they're cool as heck.

FT

I've never actually run one. I bought it for the price I have it listed, but just came up with some work I need (meaning want) done to my bolt rifle so my current AR build gets put a little farther down the line. I swear, gun modification is nothing short of a legal addiction.

csmith
31 March 2013, 16:01
Item has sold.