PDA

View Full Version : Navy ECOS-O optic contract awarded to Leupold and Aimpoint

Stickman
2 April 2013, 11:00
While this has already been talked about, the final contact has now been awarded, with the most notable change being that NSWC CRANE did not want the Larue component, and instead will source a part themselves. Check out the link for more info.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2013/04/02/ecos-o-optic-contract-award/#more

Leupold originally submitted their Dual Aperture Gunsight Riflescope (DAGR) in response to the Navy’s solicitation. NSWC Crane liked the the Mark 6 and the Micro T-1 configuration, but chose to replace Leupold’s secondary optic mount, made by LaRue Tactical. Instead, NSWC Crane will source a T-shaped bracket for the Micro T-1, along with the Micro T-1 itself, directly from Aimpoint and assemble the ECOS-O in-house.

ARonBoard
2 April 2013, 21:17
The T1 is an excellent sight. Any experience with the DAGR?

FortTom
3 April 2013, 11:52
I'm glad to see that their running in on an M4 also. Now I don't feel so silly about my latest project. A 2.5X10X50 in a Burris P.E.P.R. mount and a Burris Surefire III on top, sans, of course, night vision. Sounds silly, but makes for a great all around "shooter". Would have liked to see a photo of the Navy's new set-up, and the price tag for each. Pretty $$ Stout, I would guess.

FT.