PDA

View Full Version : Maklarbak T-Mag

philpac33
7 April 2013, 20:45
Was flipping through the latest Recoil magazine and came across a full page ad featuring the T-Mag made by Maklarbak. From the ad:

"T-MAG is a highly durable polymer magasine, featuring constant curve internal geometry, stainless steel spring and of course, Maklarbak's Anti-tilt T-Follower."

"Maklarbak's T-MAG makes sure you are warned when you have only one shot left in your T-MAG, by engaging the bolt stop as the second to last round is fired. This lets you chamber your last round BEFORE your mag-reload, giving you the possibility of engaging sudden threats, midway through your reload procedure."

Not surprisingly, it looks like a Pmag at first glance. Their website appears to still be under construction and there is very little to be found via Google. I found a brief Youtube video of a guy demonstrating mag changes with the distinct bolt stop engagement but that was it. I'm assuming it is a foreign company due to their use of the spelling "magasine" twice in the ad. Has anyone seen or heard of these? I'm not so sure this 2nd to last round bolt stop engagement is an improvement(it is different I guess) and would take some getting used to. Any thoughts?

derliebesmuskel
8 April 2013, 14:57
I saw the same ad in Recoil and was interested in taking a look at the mag. My first thought was along the same line as yours, "Not sure if that's better but surely will take some getting use to."

As to the manufacturer's place of origin, I'm almost certain it's Denmark. The "warriors since 700 A.D." is a reference to thier Viking ancestory, and the company's emblem is a form of the Valknut (a fitting symbol for a weapons related manufacturer). Also the flag on one of the guy's helmets looks Danish. It's impossible to know for sure without color since from a pictographic point-of-view Norway, Sweden, and Denmark all have the same flag. Regardless the company is scandinavian.

mlosi762
10 April 2013, 14:39
Saw that ad too. I liked the theory behind it, but would like to hear from an actual user. I imagine that it would require considerable practice and/or re-training to get everything in order for those to be worthwhile.

Zeake
10 April 2013, 18:28
Adds a wasteful step in reloading. Also stops you from using that round that could be very very very important. No point in it.