PDA

View Full Version : H8 sling help

mtk16078
27 April 2013, 17:49
Hope you can give me some direction. I am H8 maintainer assigned as recovery asset on a route clearance package. Need a sling that will allow positive control of the M4 while quickly transitioning to a firing position(prone, kneeling, upside down). Concerns and ideas are- need both hands to do the work of recovering vehicles. While their will be security over watch they can not cover everything. Thought of going sling less and putting weapon down while hooking up target vehicle however if the shit hits the fan then you have to get to/find your weapon and then to cover (unacceptable). Over the shoulder slinging also has a myriad of drawbacks as well. Tried a single point but weapon gets in way and whales you in the jewels. Using 3 and 2 point sling requires multiple part movement to go to the high ready or weapon has to be unslung. Like the idea of a rig sling mounted higher up on the firing shoulder attached to the butt stock with a second rig/bungee type sling mounted lower on the weak side attached to the barrel sling point that holds the weapon close to the chest, hopefully allowing you to drop what is in your hands, move to cover and lift the weapon into firing position in one fluid motion. Have you seen anything like this or, if not, do you feel like something like this would work. Additionally, I am a left handed firer and am trying to get some things to try by June to go to NTC with and try to have in place no later than August for deployment.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance provided.