PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Legislature Nullifies All Federal Gun Control

UWone77
9 May 2013, 21:23
My favorite part underlined ;)

I am sharing this from Military Arms Channel, with his comments attached (his comments were so spot-on there was nothing to add):

"I just read the Missouri law that passed their state legislature. Folks, this is nothing short of amazing and it might be the first real shot fired in the conflict brewing between the states and the federal government over the destruction of the 10th Amendment. This is the clause from the new bill that's so amazing:

3. (1) All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.

(2) Such federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:
(a) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;
(b) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;
(c) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
(d) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
(e) Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
(f) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of any type of firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and
(g) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens.

This new law not only nullifies future federal gun laws in the state of Missouri, it nullifies the Gun Control Act of 1934 (NFA) and the Gun Control Act of 1968.

This just got VERY interesting. If Eric Holder panicked about the Kansas law, he's probably giving birth to a cow right about now."

Read more about it here:

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/05/missouri-legislature-nullifies-all-federal-gun-control-measures-by-a-veto-proof-majority/

MoxyDave
10 May 2013, 11:42
Interesting, but unenforceable. The Feds will not take no for an answer. Good luck enforcing any of this.

Hmac
11 May 2013, 04:48
Seems to me that Jan Brewer (Ariz governor) tried to do the same thing with immigration -- i.e., trump Federal law. IIRC, that didn't work out too well for her. Nice position statement by the state of Missouri, but it's not going to stop the Feds from enforcing Federal gun laws in that state, whatever those laws turn out to be.

UWone77
11 May 2013, 05:31
Seems to me that Jan Brewer (Ariz governor) tried to do the same thing with immigration -- i.e., trump Federal law. IIRC, that didn't work out too well for her. Nice position statement by the state of Missouri, but it's not going to stop the Feds from enforcing Federal gun laws in that state, whatever those laws turn out to be.

I agree, I'm sure anything with be Supreme Court material, but I think it's a step in the right direction as States rights are coming back to the forefront.

FortTom
12 May 2013, 13:50
If nothing else, it is a slap in the face for Obama and his minions, I'd say more like some broken teeth, and if that's all that is accomplished I fell great about it. I'd feel better if about 35 other states did it also.
FT.

CGS
23 May 2013, 04:42
Kansas did something similar didn't they? Saying the Feds have no jurisdiction over firearms manufactured in Kansas so long as the firearm never left Kansas?

FortTom is right, a slap in the face.