PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Extra BAD-ASS Levers

UWone77
20 May 2013, 02:49
If you're like me and use Battle Arms Development (http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/) BAD-ASS safety selectors in all of your AR15 type guns, you probably have a ton of extra selectors laying around. It looks like Battle Arms Development has come up with the perfect solution.

You can now buy the Core and Screws separately. Using your extra existing selectors, you can essentially make another BAD-ASS. Both 90 and 45 degree cores are available.

From the Battle Arms Development Site:

If you have extra BAD-ASS selector levers around, you can take advantage of its fully modular aspect and assemble a complete selector with a BAD-ASS center.

Two T10 screws are included.

Free shipping via USPS first class mail.

BAD-ASS 90 Degree Core and Screws - $25.95 (http://www.shop.battlearmsdevelopment.com/BAD-ASS-90-degree-center-BAD-ASS-90-Center.htm)

BAD-ASS 45 Degree Core and Screws - $39.95 (http://www.shop.battlearmsdevelopment.com/BAD-ASS-ST-45-Degree-Center-BAD-ASS-45-Center.htm)

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/90degree_zps58e0340a.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/90degree_zps58e0340a.jpg.html)

RiverRat
20 May 2013, 19:06
Wow. Just when you think BAD's customer support is too good to be true, they one-up themselves.

Battle Arms Dev is currently running a program on direct purchases in which one can specify which THREE levers one wants. If upgrading multiple carbines; purchasing one Std/Thin/Std set, one Std/Thin/Thin set and one spare core would result in pretty significant savings on a trio of ambi selectors (and one wouldn't have to bother Roger with swap requests).

Just plain nice.

UWone77
20 May 2013, 22:03
Wow. Just when you think BAD's customer support is too good to be true, they one-up themselves.

Battle Arms Dev is currently running a program on direct purchases in which one can specify which THREE levers one wants. If upgrading multiple carbines; purchasing one Std/Thin/Std set, one Std/Thin/Thin set and one spare core would result in pretty significant savings on a trio of ambi selectors (and one wouldn't have to bother Roger with swap requests).

Just plain nice.

Agreed. Roger and the crew at Battle Arms have "customer service" down. Service just doesn't get any better than what they provide. A few years ago I would have had a hard time justifying $70 for a ambi-lever, now it's a no brainer.

Computalotapus
21 May 2013, 14:00
Sweet now I know where to get my ambi selector from. Just got my AR last Saturday and the first thing I wanted to do was put a ambi selector on it but had no clue where to get one.

UWone77
22 May 2013, 16:35
Sweet now I know where to get my ambi selector from. Just got my AR last Saturday and the first thing I wanted to do was put a ambi selector on it but had no clue where to get one.

Battle Arms is hands down the best ambi-selector out there. As a lefty I can't imagine building a lower without one. Make sure you share your thoughts on it, if/when you get one.

Computalotapus
22 May 2013, 17:16
Battle Arms is hands down the best ambi-selector out there. As a lefty I can't imagine building a lower without one. Make sure you share your thoughts on it, if/when you get one.

I will be ordering it around the 15th of June. I have a M&P 15 MOE Mid MagPul AR that I just got as an early Father's Day present (best wife and kids ever). Small things I want and I am researching where and what to get. Ambi selector was on top of the list. Things I want to do I should probably start a separate thread. But thank you for the pointer on the Battle Arms ambi selectors.

gatordev
24 May 2013, 21:28

I've never used one, so this is an honest question... What is it that makes it better than other options? I have several LMT ambi levers (and one Noveske/Magpul one which I'm not super-excited about), and I'm quite satisfied. I like the "regular" length of a safety lever on both sides, so the size difference doesn't seem that big a deal for my use. For the price (when you can find them, of course), the LMT (or Armalite or..etc) ambi levers are no more expensive and sometimes a little less, as well. I'm not doubting the BAD-ASS lever's quality, construction or usefulness, just not clear on what makes it a step above, again, probably because I haven't used one.

UWone77
24 May 2013, 23:04
I've never used one, so this is an honest question... What is it that makes it better than other options? I have several LMT ambi levers (and one Noveske/Magpul one which I'm not super-excited about), and I'm quite satisfied. I like the "regular" length of a safety lever on both sides, so the size difference doesn't seem that big a deal for my use. For the price (when you can find them, of course), the LMT (or Armalite or..etc) ambi levers are no more expensive and sometimes a little less, as well. I'm not doubting the BAD-ASS lever's quality, construction or usefulness, just not clear on what makes it a step above, again, probably because I haven't used one.

gator, I used to use LMT ambi levers, there is certainly nothing wrong with them. LMT makes some of the best stuff out there. In fact I think LMT and Stag were pretty much the only players in the game for awhile. The LMT selector runs about $40, while the BAD-ASS runs about $60. What do you get for $20? Well, you get more options for levers. If you look at the Battle Arms website, there are a ton of different options. The LMT, you are stuck with the standard size. You say you like that, so for you, it may not be worth the $20. For someone like me, who has purchased numerous sets of BAD-ASS and CASS's, we have left over levers, which can be turned into another set for $30. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me in the long run. I also like having the shorter levers for my off hand shooting. Just a personal preference. When comparing the two, you will find that the Battle Arms levers are better machined and the levers are able to be quickly changed out in the field or at home.

Also Roger and the gang at Battle Arms provide some of the best customer service around. Not only do they send "extras" in your order, but will swap out levers for you. These guys really pay attention to user feedback as well.

If you find the price steep and LMT is meeting all of your needs, I'd just stick with the LMT. Otherwise, give these a shot on your next build.

gatordev
25 May 2013, 14:01
Thanks for the explanation. For an additional $20 and their rep, I'm sure it's a better bit of manufacturing. It sounds like once you become invested, the more value the product has, which is win-win for both the customer and the company.

I may give them a shot in the future. Thanks again for the break down.

gatordev
8 November 2013, 16:30
gator, I used to use LMT ambi levers, there is certainly nothing wrong with them. LMT makes some of the best stuff out there. In fact I think LMT and Stag were pretty much the only players in the game for awhile. The LMT selector runs about $40, while the BAD-ASS runs about $60. What do you get for $20? Well, you get more options for levers. If you look at the Battle Arms website, there are a ton of different options. The LMT, you are stuck with the standard size. You say you like that, so for you, it may not be worth the $20. For someone like me, who has purchased numerous sets of BAD-ASS and CASS's, we have left over levers, which can be turned into another set for $30. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me in the long run. I also like having the shorter levers for my off hand shooting. Just a personal preference. When comparing the two, you will find that the Battle Arms levers are better machined and the levers are able to be quickly changed out in the field or at home.

Also Roger and the gang at Battle Arms provide some of the best customer service around. Not only do they send "extras" in your order, but will swap out levers for you. These guys really pay attention to user feedback as well.

If you find the price steep and LMT is meeting all of your needs, I'd just stick with the LMT. Otherwise, give these a shot on your next build.

I came back to revisit this thread because I think I'm starting to get "it" now. I'm still not super-excited on having to spend more on something, but I think I'm starting to understand why the variety/options can be a positive. Here's why:

I had another spare LMT ambi selector in my fishing kit of parts and wanted to put it on my 6920 (which will soon become a 0921/Bock 2 clone). After installing the strong side lever, I noticed it was bumping into my trigger finger when in FIRE. Up until now, the only time I've been running an ambi selector was my precision guns (MK12 and SR-25 with a Mega lower) or on my weirdo California configured rifles that keep my right thumb on the right side of the receiver (long story, but it allows me to drop mags and shoot > 10 round mags out of the gun legally). Once I installed it on a rifle that I would regularly hold in a conventional manner for an AR, I see why having the shorter ambi lever is a good thing.

I'm still going to run it for a bit to see if it's really an issue, but I also appreciate that some learning occurred, which has always been one of the things I've liked about shooting. There's always something you can improve on and learn from.