PDA

View Full Version : Buy from reputable retailers.

jlcudal
21 May 2013, 23:04
Whether you're a hobbyist or a professional who has to carry a weapon when you go to work, the accessories and parts bill can pile up quickly.

A few years back, I purchased what seemed like a great set of Magpul back up sights. It was 50$ for the set, coyote brown- right up my alley. After scouring the forums for days, I knew I had found the set for me.

I paypal'd him the money and within a few days my sights arrived.

I seriously thought I scored... until this happened.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3800/8774457719_ca8df996ea_c.jpg

I couldn't even torque the bugger down and not have it break.

For the safety of yourself and your family, please buy from a reputable dealer. If you don't know of any, there are numerous links to the left, any of these companies have built a reputation over the years and are trusted names in the industry.

Note: The seller on the forum where I purchased these sights had a perfect trader rating.

There are numerous ways to tell counterfeit parts apart from the original product, but sometimes copycats do a pretty good job replicating products. The only real way to be able to tell for sure is to buy them brand new.

UWone77
21 May 2013, 23:16
Were you able to confirm they were counterfeit? I broke at least 3 Gen 1 Magpul MBUS's as they were notorious for snapping when you over torqued them.

jlcudal
21 May 2013, 23:33
I was fresh out the Army when I got these. They were definitely counterfeit, when I picked up a real set at a local shop, it was obvious.

Also, it was pointed out to me that there were letters or numbers stamped onto the hex screw that shipped with the authentic mbus. The ones photographed are smooth.

CGS
23 May 2013, 04:00
Not trying to infer that you bought the cheapest pair of sights you could find, but did you?

Counterfeits hit the market hard and really drive prices down on places like ebay and gunbroker where it is hard for a legitimate seller to sometimes may a 5% gross profit. It's sickening to even try to run a business because buyers often want legitimate product at counterfeit prices.

jlcudal
24 May 2013, 11:27
It wasn't the cheapest, I was well aware of the airsoft and other chinese counterfeits-- but the guy's reputation as a good seller allowed me a bit of confidence in purchasing from him. It was very close to the original price of the MBUS, but I would end up saving 10$ for each piece. I can't recall what I paid for it, but it seemed reasonable enough at the time. My guess was he probably got duped as well and decided to make some money back from his investment.

GOST
2 August 2013, 02:14
I usually use Primary Arms or Rainier. Great customer service.

Computalotapus
2 August 2013, 07:51
I try and buy from the manufacturer, if not I look at local resources first preferably local business not big box. Keep the money local. From there places that come highly recommended from the people on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curtiskeenan
18 August 2013, 22:38
I quite agree with you, it is necessary to buy the weapon accessories from a good reputable retailer. There are thousands of online as well as local retailers that guarantees’ the perfectness of the weapon accessories, but only few of them stand true to their word. I have purchased some of the weapon accessories online from a retailers called IAMA SPAMMER.COM, as such there is no problem with their product. However, there are some more online retailers where you can also find good deal. You just have to focus on their reputation about their product in the market.

Stickman
16 September 2013, 13:48
Banned for being a spamming loser.