PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Identification

Cosmoline
22 May 2013, 08:29
I was curious as to how professional operators and LEO’s label, identify, and manage their carbine magazines. I have seen various ways including white paint Sharpies, engraving, and color coding. I would imagine that since you have multiple mags, all with various loads (target, training, etc) that the mags would be marked differently via a combination of numbers, letters, and possibly color to ID them quickly. I apologize if there is already a detailed thread on this and if so please don’t hesitate to direct me.

csmith
22 May 2013, 09:02
For me (who is admittedly no where close to operator status) it's as simple as a sharpie marking on the side denoting a letter and number. It's more for working through magazine failures (say number 3 is constantly in the weapon during failures to feed) than to differentiate between various loads. I'm only using 4 magazines at a time, so the letter is used to show which "set" that particular magazine is from.

markm
23 May 2013, 11:22
From ARFcom many years back...

Originally Posted By druid223:
I throw mine in the bath tub and piss all over them. Then they are easily recognised by my scent.

UWone77
23 May 2013, 11:25
From ARFcom many years back...

I thought you just did that to other people's LWRC's. [BD]