PDA

View Full Version : 45 degree offset mounts

Randyman004
31 May 2013, 08:10
Hi guys, I'd like to mount C4 Diopter sights at a 45 degree angle on my AR. Right now I'm leaning towards JP Enterprises JPROS mounts. What other mounts do you guys recommend?

Stickman
31 May 2013, 10:05
JP makes pretty good stuff, I've never heard anything bad about their offsets.

Cosmoline
3 June 2013, 07:25
I installed Dueck offset sights and I have no issue with them. The quality of wormanship is IMHO very high.

UWone77
4 June 2013, 17:22
I'm just curious why you're wanting to use offset sights?

csmith
5 June 2013, 10:11
I'm just curious why you're wanting to use offset sights?

My assumption would be for mounting a scope.

Daniel Defense also makes one for a little less expensive, albeit with a little more length.
http://www.skdtac.com/Daniel-Defense-1-O-Clock-Offset-Rail-p/ddf.125.htm

UWone77
5 June 2013, 15:54
My assumption would be for mounting a scope.

Daniel Defense also makes one for a little less expensive, albeit with a little more length.
http://www.skdtac.com/Daniel-Defense-1-O-Clock-Offset-Rail-p/ddf.125.htm

I figured it was ... but I think rather than use (in my opinion) some hokey offset shooting from the BUIS's, to just get a QD release on the optic, and use regular BUIS's.

gatordev
5 June 2013, 16:09
I figured it was ... but I think rather than use (in my opinion) some hokey offset shooting from the BUIS's, to just get a QD release on the optic, and use regular BUIS's.

One example would be if you're running a SPR-type rig and you need to clear a building or house in order to get to your spot to set up. The Magpul PR/SPR instructor (former Scout Sniper) said he ran a rig like that in Iraq and it was very helpful, especially if they were attached to a normal squad. Coincidentally, there was another former Scout Sniper in the SPR class I took with said instructor and he had a similar setup, just with a T-1 instead of irons.

I don't do that for a living, so I can't give any first hand info, but it did seem to be a common theme for Marines operating in Iraq in a similar time frame.

UWone77
5 June 2013, 16:28
One example would be if you're running a SPR-type rig and you need to clear a building or house in order to get to your spot to set up. The Magpul PR/SPR instructor (former Scout Sniper) said he ran a rig like that in Iraq and it was very helpful, especially if they were attached to a normal squad. Coincidentally, there was another former Scout Sniper in the SPR class I took with said instructor and he had a similar setup, just with a T-1 instead of irons.

I don't do that for a living, so I can't give any first hand info, but it did seem to be a common theme for Marines operating in Iraq in a similar time frame.

I'm guessing we didn't have a Scout Sniper asking about his SPR setup here [:D]

mlosi762
5 June 2013, 16:33
Could prove handy in 3 gun matches.

UWone77
5 June 2013, 17:02
Could prove handy in 3 gun matches.

Good Point, completely forgot about the 3 gun aspect... carry on Gents.

gatordev
5 June 2013, 17:40
I'm guessing we didn't have a Scout Sniper asking about his SPR setup here [:D]

Fair enough. Sorry, didn't mean to mall-ninja/gear-queer it out.

UWone77
5 June 2013, 18:12
Fair enough. Sorry, didn't mean to mall-ninja/gear-queer it out.

I should do the apologizing, completely forgot about the 3 gun aspect of it!

csmith
5 June 2013, 19:16

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on that. I don't really get offset mounting but I've also never competed in 3 gun ... or been a scout sniper.

CGS
6 June 2013, 05:00
I figured it was ... but I think rather than use (in my opinion) some hokey offset shooting from the BUIS's, to just get a QD release on the optic, and use regular BUIS's.What if it's a 3 gun situation? That just wouldn't work.

Hatter
6 June 2013, 07:15
I also run Dueck offsets on my 3-gun rifle... Keep my Vortex at 4x and simply cant the rifle with very little change to the hold. I like it.

I have pics somewhere...

UWone77
6 June 2013, 12:46
What if it's a 3 gun situation? That just wouldn't work.

If you read further down, yes I admitted that I did not originally think of a 3 gunner.

Cosmoline
11 June 2013, 08:46
Even if you're not a 3 gunner, the ability to go back and forth from either close range to moderate or long range is extremely advantageous no matter who you are.