PDA

View Full Version : CTR Butt Stock Wiggle

FortTom
21 June 2013, 21:26
I have a Magpul Milspec CTR butt stock on a LMT milspec tube. It really feels to me like it's got to much "wiggle". Other's say it's not so bad. I'm not sure, but I'm going with it wiggles too much, especially from a bench or prone.

Does anyone have a suggestion, maybe a replacement?

Thanks much,

FT[:D]

Eric
21 June 2013, 23:37
Did you try the CTR on another mil-spec tube? The CTR is really my go to stock for most applications and mine are solid.

UWone77
22 June 2013, 00:15
Normally LMT receiver extensions are on the tight side. I'm surprised the CTR has any wobble. Like Eric stated, have you tired the CTR on another mil-spec receiver extension? Any chance it's a commerical?

Quiet-Matt
22 June 2013, 04:46
You can fine tune the tightness of the friction lock. I have done it a few times. Dis-assemble the lock and close the gap in the steel clip slightly. Test it frequently during the process as its not as easy to reverse. I used a vice.

L.U.I.S.
27 June 2013, 10:08
I'm guessing that you want your CTR stock to be a little tighter on the tube with the lock on and off. My solution to this was adding some thin strip of plastic from those of big soda bottles. I needed to do these because I was using my CTR on airsoft and the RE was small compared to the milspec ones. Real magpul CTR used to cost the same as their PTS version before the clone started coming out.
The plastic strip will not come out because there is a groove inside the CTR that hold it in place. If you get a better fitting combination you can just pull out the plastic strip. Photo's are in these thread.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2024-CTR-friction-lock-seems-to-do-nothing-now.&p=17787&highlight=#post17787

FortTom
5 October 2013, 19:55
L.U.I.S, thanks for the advice. I did some research and determined that all LMT's spec's are equal to Milspec. I got my digital calibers out and found the buffer tube to be on the very lower limit, and in some places under the limit. I was pretty ticked off, but I just ordered another buffer tube kit from Brownell's, and purchased a new CTR stock. Problem solved. I should have fought it out with LMT, but I didn't want to get into a pushing contest with them, shipping parts to them to verify I know how to measure, then waiting for them to make a decision, etc..etc.. I just took the easy way out.

Thanks,
FT