PDA

View Full Version : Photograph Theft

UWone77
23 June 2013, 23:57
Normally the Admin and the Staff at Weapon Evolution would not take sides on issues like this. We don't engage in personal, negative attacks, however this appears to be going to an entirely new level. The owners of http://www.ar15goa.com/ also known as AR15 Gun Owners of America has used photos of photographers without their permission for commerical purposes. Cyre Precision, Stickman, zero7one, Weapon Outfitters, Ning Wong Studios, Nikki Raye to name a few.

It's one thing to share pictures but to crop out someone's watermark and replace it with your own? AR15 Gun Owners of America is even poking fun of it on his page, calling anyone who doesn't agree with him "drama queens." Everyone was hoping it was a simple mistake and he would take corrective action but some people learn the hard way. Share this with your friends and fellow shooters.

The proof is in the pudding as they say.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/POST-Image-theft-1_zpsa57786bf.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/POST-Image-theft-1_zpsa57786bf.jpg.html)

GOST
24 June 2013, 03:33
This is a problem I have also been affected by. I am a graphic designer who has been contracted out by multiple hand to hand combat schools, MMA companies, skateboard companies and churches. I also have done research and developement for hand to hand combat training and competition. Some of my designs have been seen in both the UFC and Strikeforce. These companies that contract me out have had work I've done for them stolen and counterfeited. The worst case was when one of these companies had me design a new MMA competition glove for them. Both stateside and international sales for this glove were phenomenal. Even the Army would make small purchases of this glove for training courses. Then the sales for this glove drastically fell off. Come to find out that several companies mostly from the UK had stolen my work and were selling perfectly exact copies. These thieves do this because they know it will cost photographers, designers and small companies lots of cash to pursue legal action. Money that they don't have. I am a Christian, husband and father of two; and when these companies steal it takes money out of my pockets. Look at the AR-15 buisness, you see a lot of companies with gear that looks extremely familiar that I'm sure someone sunk lots money into research and developement. Then another company buys their product and reverse engineer the design. Thats how they produce products that function similiar but cost a lot less; they don't have to pay for the research and developement. The next product this will happen to will probably be the Knights Armament MAMS.

FortTom
24 June 2013, 21:08
Have you had an attorney send a cease and desist letter. All of you from here who's work has been stolen could probably get an attorney to send one for about a $100. You probably wouldn't have to do any more than that, to stop this, but if he continues, you're not obligated in any way to pursue it further with a large attorney fee.

FT

mvician
25 June 2013, 07:11
Nice empty facebook page now, webstore "closed".

KevinBLC
27 June 2013, 17:54
Any update on this from Stickman?

UWone77
27 June 2013, 17:57
Any update on this from Stickman?

Looks like the situation has been resolved. AR15 Gun Owners of America donated $500 to the Wounded Warrior Project. All of the affected photographers were satisfied. Unless Stick himself has anymore to add? I think this worked out well for everyone involved.

Stickman
27 June 2013, 21:23
This was seen by a lot of people, so hopefully the message got out to anyone else who is looking at stealing images for commercial purposes.