PDA

View Full Version : Sig 516 pistol with arm brace?

JimmyT
23 August 2013, 11:18
I just handled one at my LGS and have fallen in lust with this "pistol"! I am digging the size and the way you can shoot one or two handed. Has anyone else seen one and what was you impression of this "handgun"?

JimmyT
23 August 2013, 11:19
The one I like is with the 10" barrel, that seems to be the best combination of utility and performance!

zero7one
23 August 2013, 14:47
A coworker of mine has one and it is pretty fun to shoot.

UWone77
23 August 2013, 15:10
If you live in a free state, I'd just pay the tax stamp. The Sig brace is only $60 less than the stamp. However, if you don't live in a SBR state, the guys at the Firearms Blog have a pretty good review on it.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/18/sig-sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-review/

JimmyT
23 August 2013, 15:36
The LGS I was at where I held the pistol, I immediately threw it to my shoulder. I didn't know, but I had two local police officers standing behind me at the time giving me the evil eye. The LGS emplyee showing me the rifle informed them of really cool letter from the ATF stating that the device was legal on a pistol, and did not change the weapon to a SBR/NFA device. They just shook their heads and moved on. 'Merica...lLOVE IT!!! Have a 10" version on order now with another LGS, just want to get one because I can!!!

JimmyT
23 August 2013, 18:24
Live in Washington so no SBRs allowed!

UWone77
23 August 2013, 18:25
Live in Washington so no SBRs allowed!

Start calling your representatives, we need co-sponsors for the SBR bill.

http://seattleguns.net/showthread.php?187259-Meeting-with-Pedersen-%28Hatfield-sponsoring-Senate-SBR-bill%29&highlight=representative

Stickman
24 August 2013, 00:14
The LGS I was at where I held the pistol, I immediately threw it to my shoulder. I didn't know, but I had two local police officers standing behind me at the time giving me the evil eye. The LGS emplyee showing me the rifle informed them of really cool letter from the ATF stating that the device was legal on a pistol, and did not change the weapon to a SBR/NFA device. They just shook their heads and moved on. 'Merica...lLOVE IT!!! Have a 10" version on order now with another LGS, just want to get one because I can!!!

A more knowledgable LEO would have called the employee on it. The paperwork does not allow for use of the piece against your shoulder. Additionally, state law isn't included along with it.

I see no reason why there is SBR paperwork, there is nothing about sizes in the 2nd Amendment. Nor should there be a need for the GOV to collect money and create a registry. That aside, since it is law, and the GOV wants money, why not just add a $200 charge along with the FET and allow sbrs to be sold across the counter.

None of the firearm laws make sense in any capacity.

zero7one
24 August 2013, 02:27
None of the firearm laws make sense in any capacity.

Well....at least none of the ones that restrict law abiding citizens.

JimmyT
24 August 2013, 06:12
But I have seen many other AR 15 pistols fired with the buffer tube (with foam padding) held aginst the shoulder without a problem from anyone.... but it was Federal Way... the LEO were cool and it was a great day. Stick, go to the Sig web page and look at the letter from the ATF, lee me know what you think!