PDA

View Full Version : I.W.B. "Appendix Carry" Holster by Rusty Sherrick.

Bob Reed
25 August 2013, 04:40
Hello,

A few months ago while ordering my daughter's birthday gift, i.e. a Dual Use Cross Draw Holster and a PA. State Police Double Magazine Carrier from Rusty Sherrick for her '71 COLT Combat Commander, I got to talking with Rusty about really needing an Appendix Carry, Inside The Waist Band Holster for my 9mm Browning's and Rusty said do you want an I.W.B. Holster that's "specifically designed" for appendix carry, and my answer was Yes Sir I Do, but I don't see one listed on your site. Rusty in turn said, that's because I haven't ever gotten around to posting a photo of it. So he described his design to me and I quickly said please add one to the order.

Well, a couple of weeks ago our order arrived and I fell in love with the Appendix Carry I.W.B. Holster as soon as I put it on. Now keep-n-mind that I've never been a big fan of I.W.B. Carry, but I had recently found myself in need of deeper concealment due to things that I'm not going to go into here.

Since I don't know how to post photos, I'll do the best I can by describing Rusty's Appendix Carry I.W.B. Holster with words and a link to a similar I.W.B. Holster by Rusty. So, here we go, the holster is very slim & thin, comes standard with a body shield & muzzle forward rake and while there's plenty of detailed molding, it's not made too tight in order for very fast and easy drawing.

The Appendix Carry I.W.B. Holster closely resembles Rusty's Rangemaster Thinman I.W.B. Holster but with a muzzle forward rake and a body shield. You can see the Rangemaster Thinman I.W.B. Holster at the bottom of the page via. this link.
http://c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/insidewb.html

Simply put, this holster is Great (like everything else I've bought from Rusty) - now I just need to get one for my .40 caliber HP's and my COLT 1911 Government Models.

Eric
25 August 2013, 07:07
Since I don't know how to post photos,
www.photobucket.com is a free photo host that works well.
Great post Bob. IWB isn't for everyone, but it's sure a nice way to get good concealment. The somewhat thin HP slide might fit in the waistband better than some of the more blocky/thick choices.

Bob Reed
26 August 2013, 20:55
Thanks Eric - and thanks for the photobucket tip too, but I'm such an old-school guy that I'd probably put my eye out with one of these modern cameras.

Eric - I'm so old-school that I'm the only manual machining instructor that the trade school that I work for has. No CNC for me - I've just got to keep turning them dials...

Thanks again and take care,

Bob

Bree
28 August 2013, 13:55
That's a great protective weapon for your daughter. Hope she knows how to use it safely! :)

I'm married to a doomsday preparedness guy and have to say it's been quite comical, yet educational at the same time. I'm learning from him and learning on my own to surprise him one day with my knowledge. lol So,, while I offer suggestions, be patient with me if I communicate something you know of already or something 'not quite a good fit.'

I know from my husband - and my brother-in-law, actually - that Spec-Ops Brand is great. They provide gear to our military. That alone tells me they are great. I see gun holsters (for pistols, such as for your daughter) here:

http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-gear/gun-holsters.html

I also see other holsters, tactical vests, etc. I hope this helps!

Take care,
Bree

Bree
28 August 2013, 14:28
I'm learning about all of this tactical equipment, gear, guns, etc. I managed to marry a doomsday preparer - so I'm learning! It' been educational to say the least... but fun! I'm trying to learn some things on my own to suprise him. I bet he'll think it sexy if I can speak to some of this on my own, without needed his help. At least I hope so. ?

My suggestion would be Spec-Ops Brand. They have great gear and they provide to our military. That says a great deal right there! Holsters I see here:
http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-gear/gun-holsters/shoulder-holster.html

They have a ton of equipment, not just holsters. That gun for your daughter seems very powerful. I hope she knows the safety features and rules. :) Sorry to hear you 'need' a concealed holster. Hope things are ok.

Bree

Bob Reed
11 September 2013, 03:57
Hello Bree,

Thanks for your suggestion and concern - but she's fine with single-action automatics, after all, the single action automatic is the safest & simplest manual of arms that there is.

In fact, COLT 1911's & Browning High Power's are all we own (and care to own) when it comes to service-size pistols and she's been carrying & firing them all her life and she's one tuff young lady and a hell-of-a-shot too boot. Actually I feel safer having her with me than I do with most of the so-called men around here that we know, because she has the mind-set to kill in a heartbeat - and she has years of experience with many different weapons ranging from knives to FAL's.

When it comes to nylon gear, we exclusively use Specter Gear for thigh rigs and belt mounted magazine pouches http://www.spectergear.com/searchresults.asp?cat=65 but being old-school and preferring leather over nylon & plastic, we're going to have Rusty make us his famous S.A.S. Holster for at least a coupla HP's & 1911's (by the way, due to popular demand, Rusty has dropped the pull-through retention strap and went back to his original thumb break on the S.A.S. Rig) http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/tactical.html

Long story short - I use to do some executive protection work up north, and when you wear a weapon 24/7 (including sleeping with it on), you find out real quick what works the best "for you" and what doesn't, and every so often I'll have the chance to go for a ride and make a few extra bucs down here in this hot, humid swamp a.k.a. as Florida - so that's why I needed something that offered deeper concealment due to seldom wearing a cover garment. What I getting at is, I could care less if the general public see's a bulge under my shirt - but I don't want to appear armed at certain times even thou I'm armed 24/7 (I hope all of that made sense).

Take care and keep prepping, because it's coming - and probably sooner than we realize.