PDA

View Full Version : Lower parts

LMMzach
9 September 2013, 12:35
I'm wondering if its possible to order every part of a LPK individually such as trigger guard, safety selector, exc. Or do you have to order one for all the pins/springs needed to complete the lower. There is a few things I have found like a trigger and guard that I want but I don't want to have to get two for no reason. Any info would be great thanks!

Computalotapus
9 September 2013, 14:24
You can order a lower parts replacement kit that will have springs and detents. I know some places (RA) do LPK's minus triggers as well. But if you are wanting a different EPC and trigger guard you can do it part by part. I would personally do the LPK minus trigger. Never hurts to have spare little parts. Always a good reason to start another build also

mustangfreek
9 September 2013, 17:00
White oak armament does, as i have ordered twice from them, and just did another small order for some upper receiver parts, quick shipping on small items and good shipping rates Example LPK minus trigger group,barrel nut was $2.25 for shipping

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/home.php?cat=283

UWone77
9 September 2013, 17:17
I usually order individual parts at this point, simply because I have so many other parts that I can cobble together a complete parts kit. After a few dozen builds you have too many grips and trigger guards and don't need anymore.

mustangfreek
9 September 2013, 17:20
I usually order individual parts at this point, simply because I have so many other parts that I can cobble together a complete parts kit. After a few dozen builds you have too many grips and trigger guards and don't need anymore.

[noob]

[:D]

Sak007
9 September 2013, 17:32
I ordered ten of every lower spring detents parts etc from Brownells and keep them organized in a tackle box . There is nothing worse than building a rifle and having some silly spring that is out of stock holding you back .

UWone77
9 September 2013, 17:40
[noob]

[:D]

I knew we should not approved your account Jason :P

zero7one
9 September 2013, 17:42
I ordered ten of every lower spring detents parts etc from Brownells and keep them organized in a tackle box . There is nothing worse than building a rifle and having some silly spring that is out of stock holding you back .

Great point, but this can get spendy depending on where you buy the parts from. It is crazy that some places charge a dollar or more for a single spring or detent.

zero7one
9 September 2013, 17:43
After a few dozen builds.

I heard a rumor that you had to buy a new house to put all of your gun stuff in.... [BD]

UWone77
9 September 2013, 17:46
I heard a rumor that you had to buy a new house to put all of your gun stuff in.... [BD]

LOL... not quite, but when we move again in 19 months... and counting, I told the wife I needed at least a 1000sq ft workshop

zero7one
9 September 2013, 17:49
LOL... not quite, but when we move again in 19 months... and counting, I told the wife I needed at least a 1000sq ft workshop

We are looking right now as well...and already have the approval for such a space!

UWone77
9 September 2013, 18:05
We are looking right now as well...and already have the approval for such a space!

What I really want is a dedicated home office, and a 3 car garage with 4 bays if that makes sense. Just use 2 of the garage spaces for my workshop area. The wife doesn't want to go over 3500 sq ft, but I'm working on her slowly...

Computalotapus
9 September 2013, 18:09

I'm talking to the wife about converting half the basement to a place to do builds, drop a big safe and setup a reload station. Maybe next house I can get a shop shop

LMMzach
9 September 2013, 18:33
Great thanks guys! I never thought about just having the extra parts I know I won't stop at one I never do :p

Always love the stabs at the long time members on this forum good fun read

mustangfreek
9 September 2013, 18:36
I knew we should not approved your account Jason :P

Too late now..lol

Didnt you just move..

UWone77
9 September 2013, 18:56
Too late now..lol

Didnt you just move..

Into a rental. Once my wife is done with her residency, we are moving to a more permanent location. The next 19 months can't go by soon enough.