PDA

View Full Version : Dual Use Cross Draw Holster & PA. State Poliice Double Magazine Carrier by Rusty Sherrick.

Bob Reed
12 September 2013, 03:08
Hello,

A year or so ago I received a Dual Use Cross Draw Holster from Rusty Sherrick molded for COLT Government Model 1911's and I received several more of Rusty's PA. State Police Double Magazine Carriers for Browning High Power & COLT 1911 Magazines.

I've exclusively been using Rusty's PA. State Police Double Magazine Carrier for at least 7 years now and his design is exactly what I want - it has a slightly lower ride height that positions the top edge of the carrier just above the belt line, and the double belt loops allow the user to position the carrier over a trouser belt loop if they need or wish too. This magazine carrier design is simply the best, most comfortable (12-16 Hours a Day) magazine carrier I've ever owned - and I've tried several custom made mag carriers over the years.

The PA. State Police Double Magazine Carrier is the second one down on this page.
http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/other%20prod/magcariers.html

I've been carrying my 9mm Browning HP's in Andy Arratoonian's Model 28X Cross Draw for the last 7 years or so and it's a nice holster, but the ride height is just a little higher than what I like - so a little over a year ago I bought a Dual Use Cross Draw Holster from Rusty Sherrick molded for COLT Government Model 1911's and this holster is fantastic. The Dual Use Cross Draw has a lower ride height that prevents the butt of the pistol from pulling away from your side. The horsehide comes up high enough on the backside to cover the slide stop and there's good coverage on the front side of the holster as well, and like all my other cross draw holsters, I wear the Dual Use Cross Draw strong-side 99.9% of the time. The Dual Use Cross Draw holster's forward rake is perfectly suited for Appendix Carry and/or 3 O'Clock Carry and of course the holster works great for cross draw carry as well. In fact, this is really a great holster for those that are new to carry due to it's ability to be worn strong-side in more comfortable positions than holsters with an FBI tilt that's worn behind the hip and wedged between your lower-back and car seat, office chair, ect., plus being able to wear the Dual Use in cross draw mode is very handy when carrying a long gun since it's not a thigh rig, and it's also nice having two Dual Use Cross Draws for the same make & model of your favorite pistol if you like carrying two pistols on your belt at the same time. After all, everyone should have at least "a pair and a spare" of the same exact make & model of their favorite handguns.

Drawing from The Dual Use Cross Draw is very fast & natural and it's the most comfortable holster I've owned in 35 plus years of carrying a handgun - and it's so nice, I've already had Rusty make us several more in Black with 1.25" Belt Loops for our COLT Government Model 1911's and our 9mm and .40 caliber Browning High Power's. BTW: I say "us" because we're a family of four, and obviously need a lot of gear, weapons & extra magazines in order to be a well equipped team.

Here's the link to the holster. http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/cross.html (and like the PA. State Police Double Mag Carrier) the Dual Use Cross Draw Holster also offers comfortable 12-16 Hour a Day Carry.

Rusty Sherrick turns out very high quality gear that's made exclusively from horsehide - and all his designs are very well thought out and he's a great guy with outstanding business ethics.

So if you're wanting some new holsters & mag carriers, be sure to check out Rusty's products. http://www.c-rusty.com/

UWone77
12 September 2013, 13:45
Bob,

You have to share pictures on these posts ! ;)

Bob Reed
12 September 2013, 15:04
Hello UWone77,

I would be more than happy too if I only knew how!

My daughter's boyfriend is pretty computer savvy and I'll see if he can set us up a photobucket account like Eric suggested in this thread http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?5133-I.W.B.-quot-Appendix-Carry-quot-Holster-by-Rusty-Sherrick.

BTW: Should I be posting holster & mag carrier threads in the Tactical Gear & Equipment Discussion Section or, should I be posting them in the Member Submitted Reviews Section?

Thanks and please move my holster threads if I should have posted them in the Member Submitted Reviews Section.

Bob Reed (The old guy that teaches people how to run Manual Lathes & Milling Machines - but would hurt himself with a modern-camera)