PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Vltor E-Modstock today

jvencius
24 July 2008, 17:46
It's a good thing that I'm a certified gunsmith (from the Johnny V Gunsmithing Institute--Campuses Opening Near You!!!) since the instructions and the box clearly state you should either be a qualified gunsmith or military armorer to install one of Vltor's stocks. Actually, I had the old stock off and the new one on (plus switching the buffer tube to a mil-spec tube) in <10 minutes and that includes time spent (1) digging through my toolbox for some anti-seize compound and (2) searching the carpet for the takedown pin detent spring. So far, the difference in cheekweld is amazing--with the OEM M4 stock I wasn't real comfortable but with the EMod, the cheekpiece actually feels beefy enough to be comfortable and fits me oh-so-right. I don't have any range results, since my upper just got to Sabre today, but I can't help but think it'll be more pleasant to shoot with. I do have to get used to the lever arrangement to adjust length of pull since it seems a little "looser" than the OEM lever, but that shouldn't be a big deal and a bit of practice time should fix me right up.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/jvencius/P1010046.jpg

Stickman
25 July 2008, 09:52
I shoot with the stock against my chest (not out on the shoulder), and the EMOD stays collapsed all the way in. With my CTR, its closed for clearing buildings, and one click out for everything else.

The EMOD is a great stock.

TigerStripe
25 July 2008, 16:54
I shoot with the stock against my chest (not out on the shoulder), and the EMOD stays collapsed all the way in. With my CTR, its closed for clearing buildings, and one click out for everything else.

The EMOD is a great stock.

Can you post a pic of one in FDE? The pics of Vltor FDE make it look white. I like my original Vltor Modstock. Their (original) color is between Magpul OD and Foliage.

TS

Stickman
25 July 2008, 17:10
Can you post a pic of one in FDE? The pics of Vltor FDE make it look white. I like my original Vltor Modstock. Their (original) color is between Magpul OD and Foliage.

TS

The Stick compound does not have one in FDE, but I like the way you think.