PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Century Arms assault rifle?

shorifhossianpatowari
22 September 2013, 00:20
I'm looking for an inexpensive assault rifle and I'm planning on buying one of the Century Arms models. I'm deciding between the AK-47, AK-74, C93, Galil, AR-15, and the FAL. Which one is the best in your opinion?

airsoft crap removed by Eric

Army Chief
22 September 2013, 01:54
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the only CAI rifle that I would even consider might be the FAL, and even then, you are largely rolling the dice as to which version/vintage/receiver/production date is really worth the expenditure. Most will have some inherent problems, but it is possible to sort them out over time.

Not to make this about CAI in particular, but I don't really see a path to happiness in your opening question. You want a rifle, but you don't seem to know which one, what you want to use it for, or why one model might better-suit your needs than another. Buying just because something happens to be somewhat affordable up front is deceptive, because you can end up sinking all kinds of money into the gun trying to get it to run after you've taken it home.

My sense is that you would be better off saving for a while longer and buying something that you won't just end up selling at a loss in a year's time, but that still doesn't answer the mail with respect to which rifle type, caliber, range or configuration you really need or desire. This being an AR-centric resource, I suspect most of us would first ask how you're set for a basic AR, and go from there.

AC

Eric
22 September 2013, 09:32
I wasn't aware that CAI was available in South Korea. Remove the airsoft link or it will be removed for you.

Hmac
22 September 2013, 10:15
I'm looking for an inexpensive assault rifle and I'm planning on buying one of the Century Arms models. I'm deciding between the AK-47, AK-74, C93, Galil, AR-15, and the FAL. Which one is the best in your opinion?

gun (http://bestairsoftguuun.net)

Trolling, I guess?

Eric
22 September 2013, 10:56
Trolling, I guess?
Not anymore. Mod imposed time out.