PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Question

FortTom
30 September 2013, 16:25
I actually shot a front pivot detent pin into space, and used the other one instead. Is the rear take down pin the same retaining pin as the front pivot pin? I'm assuming since the springs are the same size, so are the pins. I ordered a new AR Lower pin set from brownells, and it only has one of these pins in it. I couldn't find the stupid question thread, so I posted here. Again, for clarification, the detent pin for the rear take down pin is the same as the detent pin for the front pivot pin, correct? Thanks, I'd like to get this buffer tube on ASAP, as all of the parts finally came in for my build.

FT

UWone77
30 September 2013, 16:45
Yes, you can use the same detent for the forward and rear take down pins.

Computalotapus
30 September 2013, 17:24

Check your messages :)

Sorry FT

FortTom
30 September 2013, 18:33
Check your messages :)

Sorry FT

No messages here....

FT

FortTom
30 September 2013, 18:37

Thanks. Darn shame I go through the who stripped lower, mostly by memory, only to get held up by a .05 cent detent pin which I believe to be somewhere near the International Space Station, about now...

Embarrassed,
FT

Computalotapus
30 September 2013, 18:45
No messages here....

FT

Haha that was for UWone77. But I hear you in the detent. I didn't lose a detent but I did lose the spring that holds the safety selector detent in when I was doing the build for my wife.

FortTom
30 September 2013, 18:51
Haha that was for UWone77. But I hear you in the detent. I didn't lose a detent but I did lose the spring that holds the safety selector detent in when I was doing the build for my wife.
That's funny. That one and the front pivot pin are tricky. The rear break down pin is a no brainer, a third grader could do it, and that's the one I launched. Go figure. Glad I've got an extra pin kit, will try it again tomorrow.:o

FT

UWone77
30 September 2013, 18:56
That's funny. That one and the front pivot pin are tricky. The rear break down pin is a no brainer, a third grader could do it, and that's the one I launched. Go figure. Glad I've got an extra pin kit, will try it again tomorrow.:o

FT

Next time use a pivot pin tool, or assemble inside a plastic bag. If it flies off, you'll capture it in the bag.