PDA

View Full Version : Flash Suppresor guide is up

Stickman
31 July 2008, 15:39
WEVO FS GUIDE LINK (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524)

We have been asked a few times to consider a Guide similar to the BUIS, but to show Flash Suppressors. The above link is our start to this. It is not all inclusive, and not all the info is included yet, but its a start for the next time someone starts asking you about what they should thread onto the end of their AR15/ M16.

Questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome. Its your suggestions that made the above thread happen.

jeffy
31 July 2008, 16:40
How about a more uniform summary and spec list for each? I see some have general summaries while other have just specs. Others have a bit of both going on. Makes it a bit disjointed when trying to compare them.

What about including other brake's as well?

Stickman
31 July 2008, 17:04
How about a more uniform summary and spec list for each? I see some have general summaries while other have just specs. Others have a bit of both going on. Makes it a bit disjointed when trying to compare them.

What about including other brake's as well?

Its in its preliminary stages right now. The info in quotes is from the manufacturer, and is not info which is garnered from Staff here at the site.

Eventually, it will include basic info for each, with the primary info being length and if it can be used for a 14.5" barrel to make it a legal 16 when pinned.

No muzzle brakes are included, and none will be. This thread is only for flash suppressors. Brakes are fine, but serve no use on a duty weapon. If its a dual role unit like the PWS, I've got no problem adding it, but straight brakes won't be included on this one.

Down the road we may look at adding a new thread that lists muzzle brakes, but that is going to be a ways off.

UDT
1 August 2008, 10:37
Thanks, off to a nice start on this project.

Stickman
1 August 2008, 17:01
My ugly Noveske KX3 has been added to the guide.

TigerStripe
1 August 2008, 17:44
My ugly Noveske KX3 has been added to the guide.

Isn't the KX3 more of a flash hider than a flash suppressor?

TIA,

TS

Bob Reed
1 August 2008, 18:01
The Guide is Outstanding!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Stickman
1 August 2008, 18:07
The Guide is Outstanding!

If the glass is half full, then you were the catalyst.

If the glass is half empty, you were the straw that broke the camels back. [BD]

In either event, I'm glad you mentioned it when you did, it was the kick I needed to get it done. The web tends to go in cycles, and there have been a lot of questions with people asking about what different options are available. Hopefully this guide will be of some help to them.

Stickman
1 August 2008, 18:08
Isn't the KX3 more of a flash hider than a flash suppressor?

TIA,

TS

The Noveske KX3 is classified as a flash suppressor by the BATF, and while I have been known to argue with their agents, I tend to go with what the tech guys say when they make a "ruling".

Besides, it makes my SBR look like a canon!

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Daniel%20Defense%20II/IMG_1887%201028%20Stick.jpg

TigerStripe
1 August 2008, 21:05
It does make the SBR look huge.

TS