PDA

View Full Version : MARPAT?

FortTom
11 November 2013, 16:06
Since I retired in 95, what I didn't give to friends and family, I kept a couple of pairs of woodland and desert BDU's.
The strangest thing happened. Something, or someone managed to manipulate them so that they would shrink. Damned if I know, maybe a terrorist cell operating in the area managed to apply some kind of "shrinking" agent, but they are especially tight around the waist/gut area.

O.K., now I'm looking for a couple of pairs of pants and blouses, but things have really changed, and camo patterns have come a long way.

What would suit me is something that would work in my area, KY, mostly green and heavy cover green in the spring/summer/early fall. Grey, pale brown and yellowing "grass" in the winter.

A little research over a period of time always brings me back to MARPAT (Marine Pattern if you didn't know). However finding woodland MARPAT is almost impossible to find. Especially in the last 10 years or so when desert and urban patterns have been pretty much the standard in the theatres we're fighting in now. CADPAT (Canadian get's high marks too) but finding the "real" thing is almost impossible. Lots of stuff claiming to be real, but look close and find the Marine Corp emblem missing, and other things that give most of what you can find as non-genuine copies.

Any input, or other alternatives that you might offer? I saw some (forget the name) all in one pattern stuff in Recoil magazine, the catch, $200 bucks for the pants and another $200 for the pants. Yeah, I'll run right out and buy some.

Any advice or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead,

FT

gatordev
11 November 2013, 16:31
I'm guessing that this link won't work for you initially, but maybe it's a step in the right direction... If you're retired, you should be able to get into the MCCS/NEX/AFES exchange site(s). I started at the MCCS site and drilled down to uniforms before it asked me for my credentials. Once past that, I found this link:

https://mcuniforms.nexweb.org/cgi-bin/B06E0ED6/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?qryType=STYLE&itemSt=MCCUGRNTRS&coreDsc=MC%20Combat%20Utility%20Woodland%20Trouser s

I'm thinking that may be the easiest and cheapest way to get the real deal. Here's the MCCS site link:

http://www.mymcx.com/index.cfm/myproducts/uniforms/index.html

Ratfink
13 November 2013, 07:43
I got my set from the exchange for like 40 a price for tops and 40 for bottoms and the marine emblem is on the inside

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FortTom
13 November 2013, 10:04
I was hoping to get some online. No Marine base near here.
Just curious, doesn't the MARPAT have tiny emblems mixed in with the camo pattern?

Thanks,
FT

gatordev
13 November 2013, 16:51
Correct. The EGA is in the pattern.

From your post, I understood you to be retired with an ID. If that's the case, you can register/login with my second link and purchase them for $40.

FortTom
14 November 2013, 13:25
Correct. The EGA is in the pattern.

From your post, I understood you to be retired with an ID. If that's the case, you can register/login with my second link and purchase them for $40.
Yes, I am retired with ID, I'll try again. Thanks.
FT