PDA

View Full Version : TacCon non-ATF select fire trigger

JPLMedic
18 November 2013, 19:01
Quick intro.
First post, new to the forum.
Intro over.

Saw this the other day and keep looking for a post on here but haven't seen it.

http://tacfirecon.com/products.php

Looks interesting. Anybody seen anything like this before?

*Im just interested in the new product and am in no way affiliated with or endorsing it.

JPLM

UWone77
19 November 2013, 11:19
Is this the $495 trigger?

JPLMedic
19 November 2013, 11:25
I haven't seen a price.
I also have not requested any information.

MoxyDave
19 November 2013, 14:03
I searched around a bit yesterday and yes, I think it commands close to $500. I'm not a big fan of pseudo full-auto gimmicks, but it does look well made.

I did not find any indication that they have an ATF letter to corroborate their "ATF legal" claims.

Maybe the mods of this forum could get one from the manufacturer for T&E?

UWone77
19 November 2013, 14:24
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/b8b2cbb935baa3247e8470c2cb49294a_zpsabf55f5e.jpg

I don't think I want one for T&E until I see an ATF letter. Looks like a lot of money for wasting ammo.

tactical cowboy
19 November 2013, 14:43
i just want to know how it works

FortTom
19 November 2013, 16:24
i just want to know how it works
Ha..ha..I was wondering the same thing. Read the product description and still don't get it. Guess I'm a dummy.

FT.

Slippers
19 November 2013, 19:15
Based on the videos the "auto" mode is providing forward pressure on the trigger late in the firing cycle. If you look behind the disconnector you can see a large lever pointing up at the hammer, plus a second small lever at the very back end. There's a pivot, so they may actually be one piece, forming an "L."

The small lever at the back probably engages the safety, and based on the tiny pivot, it may cause the larger lever to stick up further depending on how their proprietary safety interacts with it.

Just guessing here, but to me, it would seem that as the bolt travels rearward and presses the hammer back/down, the hammer will hit the lever, which will cause the trigger to rock rearward, thus pushing the trigger forward.

Obviously it can't push the trigger completely forward (hello BATF), so it probably provides just a slight impulse, which you can use your muscle memory/feel to grip the trigger with the right amount of force to get continuous shots from. If you ever played paintball, it's just like an old-school automag RT.

Nameless_Hobo
20 November 2013, 01:10
I am curious how well that would work when combined with one of the various belt fed AR uppers. Psuedo-M249 of sorts.

zero7one
20 November 2013, 01:33
Sent them a media request email...will see what I can find out.

M. Gale
20 November 2013, 07:45
They are using lobes on the safety selector that interface with the trigger housing to reduce pre-travel and shorten the reset. I suspect that the pads that can be seen on the bottom of the housing pre-load the unit against the selector and as they wear, the function of the trigger is going to degrade.

tac40
20 November 2013, 11:34
Keep us posted Zero.

zero7one
20 November 2013, 16:23
Here us the reply I received...

Thanks for your interest in Tac Con.

About the Tac-Con 3MR Trigger
The 3MR is a drop-in 3-mode fire control system with Safe, Semi-Automatic, and Tac-Con's patented 3rd Mode. *The 3rd mode has a positive reset that dramatically reduces the split times between shots. The positive reset characteristic is achieved by transferring the force from the bolt carrier through the trigger assembly to assist the trigger back onto the front sear. As a result, this gives the firearm the fastest reset possible. Both semi and 3rd mode positions exhibit a non-adjustable 4.5 pound trigger pull weight. *Why 4.5 pounds? *Because most law enforcement agencies limit any trigger used for duty to 4.5 pounds and above. Extensive testing done by Tac-Con, the ATF (BATFE), and professional shooters have proven that this is the fastest semi-automatic trigger in the world. The 3MR is ATF approved and is NOT a NFA part. Each trigger is accompanied by a copy of the ATF letter. This is not a bump fire system. The shooter must pull the trigger once for every round fired.
Additional information will be available at*www.tacfirecon.com*on December 1st.
Thank you for your interest in Tac-Con!!

Sent via Tapatalk

MoxyDave
20 November 2013, 16:56
Interesting. Thanks.

Deckard
20 November 2013, 17:55
Might be fun with a .22lr upper, but I don't see it for serious use.

MoxyDave
26 November 2013, 16:16
Ran across more info on this today:

Tac-Con on Guns.com (http://www.guns.com/2013/11/20/tac-con-3mr-rapid-fire-non-nfa-trigger-ars-video/)

UWone77
26 November 2013, 16:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eQtCTUq4Y_I

JGifford
3 December 2013, 11:31
They are using lobes on the safety selector that interface with the trigger housing to reduce pre-travel and shorten the reset. I suspect that the pads that can be seen on the bottom of the housing pre-load the unit against the selector and as they wear, the function of the trigger is going to degrade.

One trigger was tested over ten thousand rounds and then measured to see the change in the engagement surfaces. After the ten thousand rounds, the trigger had minimal to no significant change in engagement surfaces and was deemed ready for more endurance testing.
http://robarguns.com/blog/2013/11/20/taccon-3mr-trigger-system/