PDA

View Full Version : Help FTF

Hog6.8
18 November 2013, 21:11
I have a 6.8spc upper carbine length 16 inch full auto nib bolt &carier when I have shells in the mag sometimes the bolt lockes open also some shels get caught halfway out by the bolt help

UWone77
19 November 2013, 01:29
Well, what are the specs on the rifle, as in what manufacturers parts are you using? What buffer and spring and what kind of 6.8 ammo?

Hog6.8
19 November 2013, 08:16
This upper is from redx arms bolt& carrier are milspec & nib from Rguns .I am using ssa 110gr OTM Horniday 110gr VMax .the buffer & spring are a ? Because I am using my sons lower I think they are cheep stuff.

Hog6.8
19 November 2013, 20:09
I went shooting today the 6.8 had problem hith the bolt locking open with shells in the mag . It also 2 or 3 times left the spent shell in the gun on top of the shells in the mag. If some one reads this and has info please he;p . HOG 6.8 THANKS.

Deckard
19 November 2013, 21:30
Does the buffer have a letter on it? If so what letter?

Hog6.8
19 November 2013, 22:07
There is no letter on the buffer

UWone77
20 November 2013, 00:50
Is the gun clean and well lubed? There could be several issues with the gun. Maybe a gas leak somewhere as well. Do you have another BCG you can use to eliminate some possible issues? Rguns doesn't have the most solid reputation out there.

zero7one
20 November 2013, 01:18
Have you fired this rifle successfully in the past and this is a new problem, or is this a new rifle that has been giving you the same problem? Have you received the same problem with all of the ammo that you have used, or only with certain types? Is the ammo you are using factory or reloads?

My first two guesses would be that it either has something to do with not enough gas getting back to push the BCG back far enough, or the ammo does not have enough power to create enough gas pressure. Any more info you can provide will help out.

M. Gale
20 November 2013, 06:45
Is the gun clean and well lubed? There could be several issues with the gun. Maybe a gas leak somewhere as well. Do you have another BCG you can use to eliminate some possible issues? Rguns doesn't have the most solid reputation out there.

Word...

There is nothing "mil-spec" about a bolt group from RGuns. The failure to extract is the bigger of the problems and often expensive to fix.

Hog6.8
20 November 2013, 13:24
rbon around the gas tube where it goes into the gas block & on the barrel is this normal for ar with lopro,gas block

UWone77
20 November 2013, 19:35
rbon around the gas tube where it goes into the gas block & on the barrel is this normal for ar with lopro,gas block

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...

Hog6.8
20 November 2013, 23:15
I am using all factory ammo, the gun is clean & we'll oiled I found no damage to the ejector.I did find some carbon on the gas tube & barrel at the gas block

UWone77
21 November 2013, 19:53
I am using all factory ammo, the gun is clean & we'll oiled I found no damage to the ejector.I did find some carbon on the gas tube & barrel at the gas block

How does the BCG look? I really think you have a gas / gas ring issue. Like I said it would be easiest to swap out a different BCG that isn't crap to eliminate possible issues.

Stickman
25 November 2013, 19:03
Until you can eliminate the BCG as the culprit, I believe you will be spinning your wheels. Any pictures of the BCG or Bolt?

Hog6.8
25 November 2013, 20:48
Until you can eliminate the BCG as the culprit, I believe you will be spinning your wheels. Any pictures of the BCG or Bolt?

I had the gun looked at by a local shop he is well respected in the area the bolt carrier and bolt at in good condition he is going to put the upper on one of his lowers an take it to the range he thinks the lower is the problem he Checked the gas system it also was fine on the pressure test.

Iraqgunz
28 November 2013, 14:37
The buffer you are using (if it is unmarked) is probably a carbine weight and too light. Rguns BCGs are not Milspec. They are pretty much whatever flavor of the week thrown together. I suspect that your chamber is too tight and impeding extraction. I also think that the extractor spring is possibly baseline crap and I would get a BCM extractor spring. Once you try a new extractor spring and H buffer I would reasses the situation.

John Moses
10 December 2013, 12:59
No offense, but RGuns is a local shop here in Illinois and I would remove anything they offer from a gun that I expect to operate correctly, or safely. I would also be inclined to think the Buffer is the culprit. If it is a Carbine buffer from a cheap kit (Gold in color) its probably causing all sorts of issues, one of which is bolt bounce. You have effectively reduced your dwell time, and not allowing the spent case to eject. I'd look at the brass, and post pictures of you Buffer, BCG, and spent case so we can all give you better information.

BrimstoneGuns
10 December 2013, 21:05
How exactly is it locking open? Is the bolt lock actually coming up and holding the bolt open? The bolt lock spring or plunger may be incorrect.... I have seen that before although it's pretty rare. Gas issues usually result in short stroking or stove pipes, not locking open. Just my two cents though, hard to know without seeing what it's doing :)