PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory Super Sales

MoxyDave
22 November 2013, 14:38
Palmetto State Armory (https://palmettostatearmory.com/) is having a huge sale. $50 lowers, $40 blem uppers ... now would be a great time to put together an inexpensive AR. Unless you want a safe queen built strictly for how it looks, any old lower and upper will work great if they're in spec. I'm not familiar with the $50 lower they're selling, but I've had good luck with PSA in the past. Their shipping can take a long time, but at these prices I wouldn't mind.

Also, S&W Shield 9mm for $359! That is a great little gun, at the best price I've seen.

I don't really give a shit about Black Friday and all the stupid sales. I prefer to enjoy the holidaze with a beer and some family instead of shopping my nuts off. However, a $50 lower is a great deal any time of the year ...

UWone77
22 November 2013, 14:39
I think their complete uppers with CH and BCG for $299 will be crazy.

Eric
22 November 2013, 21:16
I think their complete uppers with CH and BCG for $299 will be crazy.
Dang! [wow] I take it that was advertised for Black Friday?

mustangfreek
23 November 2013, 01:43
Dang! [wow] I take it that was advertised for Black Friday?

They already did some as a "preview" and unless it was a different one they had a 16" PTAC version up with BCG and CH for $279..Ptac is suppose to be their more economic value option..whatever that means..lol

seaweed88
25 November 2013, 07:37
I have been thinking about buying my two sons lowers for Christmas. This would be our first AR builds. Would these lowers be a good choice?
One of the boys is in college and the other just graduated. Looks like it might be a good fit..
Thanks
Mark

niftyvt
25 November 2013, 09:44
PSA forged lowers are good to go!

MoxyDave
25 November 2013, 12:47
I have been thinking about buying my two sons lowers for Christmas. This would be our first AR builds. Would these lowers be a good choice?
One of the boys is in college and the other just graduated. Looks like it might be a good fit..

IIRC, they are made by Anderson? I have no experience with that brand but a few minutes on Google should tell you if they suck or not.

Honestly there isn't much to f up on a lower, either it's machined correctly or it's not. Just search around for "Anderson AR15 lower problem" and dig ...

I suspect if PSA is selling them they are just fine.

On the other hand, if you want your first builds to be successful you might want to consider spending a little more and being 100% certain. It's easy to tell when things aren't right when you've done something a lot, it's not so easy when you're doing it for the first time.

seaweed88
25 November 2013, 12:49
Thanks for the replies... I will do some checking this evening...
Mark

UWone77
25 November 2013, 13:23
Thanks for the replies... I will do some checking this evening...
Mark

They keep updating daily their Black Friday "teasers"

I'll probably get one of the complete sub $300 uppers, not because I need or want it... but someone I know later in the year will ask me if I know where they can get a "cheap" AR upper.

browcs
25 November 2013, 17:43
I just missed out on the Anderson stripped lowers with integral triggerguard.....bummer.

browcs
25 November 2013, 20:58
Just purchased a couple of their Andersen stripped lowers for future builds.

mustangfreek
26 November 2013, 16:10
They had "PTAC" uppers without bcg/CH for $189 earlier..

UWone77
27 November 2013, 13:42
Just purchased a couple of their Andersen stripped lowers for future builds.

So first you missed out and then you got a couple? I'm guessing PSA is going to have a weekend to week of instock-out of stock...back and forth we go. If we're lucky, we might get our product in March ;)

Henok
28 November 2013, 04:13
They do have some great deals. I picked up some ammo, a lower and upper.

browcs
28 November 2013, 13:55
So first you missed out and then you got a couple?

I missed on the ones with the integral triggerguard....I picked up two traditional forged, stripped lowers. Both were priced at $49.

Eric
29 November 2013, 04:03
Aimpoint PRO for $357 shipped. Not bad at all.

UWone77
29 November 2013, 16:56
I purchased a couple of Stripped uppers for gifts, and a couple of 7075 receiver extensions for myself. Nothing big this year.

MoxyDave
29 November 2013, 20:06
I purchased a couple of Stripped uppers for gifts, and a couple of 7075 receiver extensions for myself. Nothing big this year.

Why thank you UWone77, I will expect them shortly! So nice of you to think of me over the holidaze ...

Hyooz2004
29 November 2013, 20:38
I got one of the $189 uppers (from PSA) to go with my 2 aero stripped lowers for $69 each (not from PSA)

UWone77
30 November 2013, 15:23
Why thank you UWone77, I will expect them shortly! So nice of you to think of me over the holidaze ...

You lucky bastard... you got something a lot better than a PSA stripped upper!

FortTom
30 November 2013, 15:43
Aimpoint PRO for $357 shipped. Not bad at all.
Wow, these sales must only last a couple of hours or so. I read your post yesterday, went to the site, and they were already back to $408, about the same as everyone else. Oh well, that's how it goes I guess.

FT

UWone77
30 November 2013, 21:06
Wow, these sales must only last a couple of hours or so. I read your post yesterday, went to the site, and they were already back to $408, about the same as everyone else. Oh well, that's how it goes I guess.

FT

I think with that particular deal you had to use the coupon code of "PRO" to get the discount. PSA's sales are odd sometimes. Items are sometimes suddenly in stock, then they're out of stock. The next day or even a few hours later they're back in stock again. Their shipping times are terribly slow as well. At least twice, I've waited over 30 days for the item to ship. Both times, I had to email them to remind them I didn't get my product. With other quality vendors shipping within 24 hours, you have to wonder what the hold up is at PSA.

PSA makes OK stuff, and I will still order certain items from them, if I know I won't need it immediately, or care that my credit card gets charged the minute I order, which again isn't the industry norm. PSA has grown quickly, and their CS hasn't caught up with their growth.

Eric
30 November 2013, 22:05

FTLAPG (http://www.lapolicegear.com/aim-12841-pro-optic.html) use CYBERSALE for 15% off, gets you the PRO for $357 as well.

MoxyDave
30 November 2013, 22:34
I've had the same experience. PSA is slow as hell to ship but the prices are good and I've eventually received my stuff in good condition. Just takes a while.

FortTom
1 December 2013, 10:56
Oh well, I didn't actually need it, but I was going to score one for another upper I plan to buy after Xmas. I might catch one on sale somewhere on after Christmas sale. The shipping and credit card issues kind of turn me off a little. Not a big deal.

FT

mustangfreek
1 December 2013, 16:25
SKD tactical also has a good sale going on and tomorrow the pro wil lbe right at $358 shipped also

UWone77
1 December 2013, 17:09
SKD tactical also has a good sale going on and tomorrow the pro wil lbe right at $358 shipped also

Wife buying you one?

mustangfreek
2 December 2013, 02:32
Wife buying you one?

She asked me again what i wanted for x-mas/b-day (since its 3 days before.. ) while i was replacing the water heater last nite.

I replied a red dot and/or some AR goodies..i told her i was debating over the sparc and the pro and why one was more and the buy once cry once theory and i wanted the PRO,she said..well hurry up and order it before the sale is over you big dummy...lol....

UWone77
2 December 2013, 04:18
She asked me again what i wanted for x-mas/b-day (since its 3 days before.. ) while i was replacing the water heater last nite.

I replied a red dot and/or some AR goodies..i told her i was debating over the sparc and the pro and why one was more and the buy once cry once theory and i wanted the PRO,she said..well hurry up and order it before the sale is over you big dummy...lol....

I'd get it from skd Tactical if you want it this year on the above deal you mentioned.

Jerry R
2 December 2013, 16:23
Is there a code for that price at SKD? Currently showing "in stock" but $408

Computalotapus
2 December 2013, 16:28
Is there a code for that price at SKD? Currently showing "in stock" but $408

Add it to the cart :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Eric
2 December 2013, 22:21
SKD was running their 13% off everything sale, until a few minutes ago. Discount applied after added to cart.

mustangfreek
3 December 2013, 02:11
I'd get it from skd Tactical if you want it this year on the above deal you mentioned.

[:D]

It was out of stock at PSA before i puleld the trigger..plus the last 2 orders fro mthem for small parts took over 3 weeks...[crazy]

browcs
5 December 2013, 16:06
For those interested, Palmetto has two under $500 deals for flat top uppers with BCG and CH included. One is a mid-length upper, the other a "premium" carbine upper. They had the $299 special back this morning, but its gone already. I don't know and/or vouch for the quality of these uppers/parts, so caveat emptor.

Stickman
6 December 2013, 20:16
For those interested, Palmetto has two under $500 deals for flat top uppers with BCG and CH included. One is a mid-length upper, the other a "premium" carbine upper. They had the $299 special back this morning, but its gone already. I don't know and/or vouch for the quality of these uppers/parts, so caveat emptor.

You have to wonder how they make any money selling complete uppers for $299. I guess everyone has excess inventory after the frenzy died out.

browcs
6 December 2013, 20:50
You have to wonder how they make any money selling complete uppers for $299. I guess everyone has excess inventory after the frenzy died out.

It's a head scratcher....

MoxyDave
6 December 2013, 23:46

Maybe they just do it to draw extra traffic? I know for sure big commercial stores like Wal-Mart do this all the time ... sell some products at a loss just to get people in the store.

Stickman
16 December 2013, 16:43
Maybe they just do it to draw extra traffic? I know for sure big commercial stores like Wal-Mart do this all the time ... sell some products at a loss just to get people in the store.

Well that's possible, but their new PTAC line seems to be the loss leader. I know there has been some chatter on other forums asking what kind of QC and materials are being used. If anyone gets one of their PTAC uppers and/or other components, I'd be curious to see what kind of review or thoughts they could post about them.

MoxyDave
16 December 2013, 19:21
I recently picked up several of their "PTAC 5.56 Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group with Charging Handle".

They look very nice, with good machining. The gas key staking is the best, most consistent I've ever seen. They look better than many factory BCG's I've owned.

There are no indications that they are MP tested, but they claim to use the right materials.

Of course it's impossible to tell if a component like this is truly quality until it's been thoroughly tested. It will be some time before I can vouch for that.

I'll take some photos when I have time.

UWone77
27 December 2013, 18:20
Got my PSA order today. 2 Blem Lowers, which looked fine, but then they sent me 6061 Receiver Extensions when I ordered 7075...but then threw in 2 LPK's I didn't order... *sigh* ... PSA I will likely not order from you again.

Deckard
27 December 2013, 18:46
Mix ups can be good or bad. When I ordered a QMS from PSA they sent me an ACT.

mustangfreek
28 December 2013, 00:01
Got my PSA order today. 2 Blem Lowers, which looked fine, but then they sent me 6061 Receiver Extensions when I ordered 7075...but then threw in 2 LPK's I didn't order... *sigh* ... PSA I will likely not order from you again.

My last 2 orders have been messed up and the fact that both took 3 weeks to get to me and then send them back and another week or two to get my order right...screw that i say also..have ordered little parts in the past from white oak armament and always fast shipping and cheap shipping..

I have wrote off PSA for a while also..

MoxyDave
28 December 2013, 15:43
They must like me better than you guys [:)] I've received 3 separate perfect orders recently from PSA, with only a short wait and I am more than happy with the products. Sucks to hear y'all are having trouble with them. They've been great for me.

gatordev
28 December 2013, 16:33
I can understand the frustration with PSA in the last 18 months, but like MoxyDave, I've just had good luck. I usually only order ammo from them, but my last order was 1K of 5.56/.223 and a couple of .308 PMags. I couldn't check the order until Xmas, and everything was fine. While it may take a week to process, as long as I plan ahead, I end up with what I ordered.

MoxyDave
13 January 2014, 21:57
This one's been greased up a little since it was already installed, but you can see they look pretty legit:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44963125/Hosted%20Photos/WEVO/PTAC%20BCG/IMG_0014a.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44963125/Hosted%20Photos/WEVO/PTAC%20BCG/IMG_0016a.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44963125/Hosted%20Photos/WEVO/PTAC%20BCG/IMG_0027a.jpg