PDA

View Full Version : G-Code RTI for battle belt

philpac33
24 November 2013, 14:31
I've decided to give G-Code holsters and the RTI system a go. The ability to use one holster on a multitude of platforms(EDC belt, battle belt, plate carrier, chest rig- anywhere an RTI wheel can mount) and changing quickly is a huge plus for me. Where I'm having trouble is choosing which RTI attachment to use on an HSGI Suregrip padded belt. Initially I thought it was a no-brainer to go with the RTI Battle Belt MOLLE adapter but the more pics of other peoples set ups the more I saw the RTI Duty mount kydex belt slide being used. The Duty mount kydex belt slide drops the position of the holster down below the battle belt; it can also be used with an EDC belt. Does anyone have experience with the RTI system, specifically the battle belt mounts? My original list was an XST RTI holster, RTI battle belt MOLLE adapter, and RTI kydex belt slide but seeing so many people using the RTI Duty mount kydex belt slide has me second guessing myself.

Hmac
24 November 2013, 15:13
I use the Battle Belt MOLLE Adapter on my Brokos belt. It mounts up very solidly. The holster is a BladeTech on a drop-offset, so it sits just fine for me, but I'm not sure I see where the slide sits lower than the battle belt adapter.

I had an extra wheel on an H-Mar mount. I just pulled that off, made my own belt slide out of kydex and mounted that wheel on my 3-gun belt. That works fine too.

scotheocelot
4 February 2014, 07:10
Phil,

I run this type of setup:
HSGI Battle Belt
HSGI Pistol/Rifle Tacos
RTI Battle Belt Attachments - (1) Pistol on Right Hand // (2) Rifle Mags on Left Hand // (1) HSGI Med Taco on Back

I can snap a pic if you want. I have (2) Pistol tacos direct to belt (run mags, multitool or flashlight). Then I have (2) RTI adapters so I can switch out tacos depending on what I am running that day. If I am taking a rifle class, attach double rifle tacos. If I run a offensive pistol class, run extra pistol mags. HSGI just announced the large capacity tacos for the SAIGA12 shotgun magazines so I plan to add (2) with RTI adapter so I can switch out if taking a shotgun course.

Basically the RTI system allows easy "mission specific" setups. Its easy to use and you end up saving money as opposed to buy magazine pouches for every molle gear you have. PLUS, the malice clips are a pain to constantly install/remove/install just so you can run the setup you want. I also have an RTI molle adapter coming for my Hazard Go Pack. This way I can quickly attach my Glock or HK pistol in the XST holster for easy and secure access. Basically G Code is the shizzle.

schambers
4 February 2014, 10:21
I have a molly paddle attachment thing (don't kow the exact name) running to a thigh rig. Works well for me. Getting in and out of vehicles, mounting objects, etc. I think the setups you see on the internet mostly come down to personal preference.... and what people see other people doing on the internet.

Whenever a new piece of kit comes through, it gets mounted to the equpiment and then we move through an obsticle course to see how it if feels/ functions and adjustments are made from there.

I don't think you can go wrong getting a molly attachment first. If you run it and figure out that it doesn't work for what you want it to do, chances are you can mount it somewhere else.