PDA

View Full Version : New AIM NIB BCG

mustangfreek
26 November 2013, 16:22
Im sure some of you have seen that AIM has released a budgeted nickle boron bolt carrier group . For the price it possibly looks like a good deal for the casual shooter and weekend gunner.

Some say the 9310 bolt is a IFFY part of the deal but see others saying if done right the 9310 bolt is just as good as the c158 bolt..

What does everyone think, or has anyone one got one yet and any feedback, thinking of grabbing one for a future build for the price of $130 shipped it seems like a good deal.

8620 Tool Seel Enhanced Radius design (Angle Cut) Carrier with inside and out NiB Treatment
9310 Steel MPI Bolt with inside and out NiB Treatment
Billet Machined Extractor with Black Insert and O-Ring upgrade
Billet Machined 4140 Steel Gas Key
Grade 8 Fasteners
Military Specification Gas Key Staking

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMNiBBCGV2&name=AIM+NiB+.223%2f5.56+AR%2fM16+Bolt+Carrier+Gro up&groupid=723

https://4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.c om/product/resized/XAIMNiBBCGV2b.jpg

FortTom
26 November 2013, 16:46
Mustangfreek, I can't comment on your particular bolt, but if everything is cool with it, performance and quality wise, it sounds like a deal. My last two cost me around
$210 and $230 . My guess is you're going to love it, when it comes to cleaning. A very unscientific test I performed on the weapon, just checking the bolt temperature with the probes that came with my Fluke meter, and the difference was pretty significant, cooler = less wear (the theory I was going on. Post up some pics and info as you shoot it, and keep us informed on how it worked.

Good luck,

FT

KevinBLC
26 November 2013, 16:50
For a guy like me shooting a few hundred rounds a month at the most... I think the 9310 will probably suit me just fine. If the price difference wasn't big, I'd just pony up for the C158.

mustangfreek
26 November 2013, 18:33
For a guy like me shooting a few hundred rounds a month at the most... I think the 9310 will probably suit me just fine. If the price difference wasn't big, I'd just pony up for the C158.

Well thats where im at, at the moment and with life i cant get out and shoot as much as i would like.

Hummmm...

FortTom
27 November 2013, 16:51
You know, I've heard that rationale ever since I've heard of NiB being used to coat bolts. I can't count the number of times people took the plunge and totally changed their tune, and became "official spokesman" for all things NiB.[:D]

Seriously, I've heard many people who basically called B.S. when it came to NiB BCU's then shamelessly became almost zealot's overnight. Just because phosphate may be good enough, well, I can understand that, but with the measurable differences I've found I stuck with it.

Prices are all over the place, and I don't know if that equates directly with quality or not. Whether or not they're worth the price over phosphate, only you can answer, but I'd borrow one and try it out one day. Just the ease of cleaning, without the other pro's makes them worth it to me. A little gun scrubber, a small piece of T-shirt, and my thumb nail to "scrape" the tiny specs left on the bolt and tail, got me sold on them. I'll use them until something better comes along. At $130, that sounds like a bargain, if it's a quality conscience company making quality parts. Mine cost from $90 to $110 more. That kind of stinks. We'll see if prices start coming down across the board. But in summary, I wouldn't discount them because you only shoot 200 rounds a month.

Happy shooting and good luck, no matter what you choose.[:D]

FT

KevinBLC
28 November 2013, 12:13
I like super duper new coatings. I despise cleaning anything off of phosphate. It's hard to put a price on that though. $200 is on the high side for Nib... I'm hoping it gets closer to the norm where they are the same price as phosphate.

mustangfreek
28 November 2013, 17:33
Well there out of stock now anyways.. i waited too long..woman wanted to know what i wanted for my b-day coming up and of course gun parts..lol but waited too long