PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Weapon Retention For Long Rifles

SRDTL88
17 December 2013, 17:56
Has anyone used the Tactical Secondary Retention device for long rifles? Its Made from Sred Tactical can buy it on amazon for around 14 Dollars I think. A few of My prior military friends and Law enforcement buddies from ESU New York have tried it incase their primary single point swivel fails during an Op. They are saying it works wonders. Any advice if I should try it out or not?

UWone77
17 December 2013, 17:58
Do you have a link?

SRDTL88
17 December 2013, 18:49
To the secondary retention on amazon?

SRDTL88
17 December 2013, 18:57
http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Secondary-Retention-Rifles-Black/dp/B00HDQERWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387335178&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+secondary+retention+for+rifles

That's the direct link on amazon.

SRDTL88
17 December 2013, 18:59
http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Secondary-Retention-Rifles-Black/dp/B00HDQERWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387335178&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+secondary+retention+for+rifles

That's the direct link. I tried posting it before but my computer keeps logging me in and out of the forum.
Throwing me off SMH

Eric
17 December 2013, 21:11
The description for use is as clear as mud and it looks like something homemade. Their marketing sucks. Are you supposed to attach one end to the rifle and the other to your vest? For the most part, a good two point sling is going to serve most users better than a single point sling anyway. Never heard of Sred Tactical or the product.

SRDTL88
18 December 2013, 01:07
I was never a big fan of dual point slings. I have a single point, as well as a dual, but as far as when I had to transition to my secondary, or when I was doing Vertical insertions from a Helo I have to use a singlepoint its a standard policy for my agency. Also a secondary retention is mandatory gear we normally use to use a little carabiner that always use to get stuck and get in the way of transitioning weapons. The Retention from Sred clips from one point of your sling directly to your sling plate on your M4 butstock plate incase along with your single point sling clip, so you have two points of connection rather than one incase your single point main clip gives out or just unclips which always happens to me (Im assuming its for people who prefer single point slings over double). Never dropped my gun thank god I always had one hand on it. I do Agree marketing is poor they should probably work on that a little bit, but seems like a legit idea.

UWone77
18 December 2013, 18:13
When I run 1 point slings, I use Magpul MS3 slings and either Fortis Manufacturing or Noveske QD end plates. When using quality parts, I know that the likelyhood of failure is pretty low. However, I know anything can fail, and believe in the 2 is 1, 1 is none mentality. I also know that I have to be reasonable as well depending on what I'm doing. I won't pretend I kick in doors every night, because I don't. I deploy my patrol rifle a few times a quarter at most. If my sling fails, most likely, it'll be a pain in the ass and a walk back to the patrol car. Perhaps I could be caught in a situation when I have to go hands on with someone after my sling failed. The chances of that along with my sling failing are pretty low in my opinion.

I think the potential users of this type of product is limited.