PDA

View Full Version : Merry x-mas Wevo and company

mustangfreek
25 December 2013, 01:54
Just quick shout out to the guys behind the screen running the program and sponsors/companies showing previews of goodies coming out and in the works. i know in the short time i have been here i really like this site and it has made me open up my wallet even more trying to keep up with all the cool shit...Which i still cant do as their is so much stuff going on...[BD]

So thanks rich for the welcome over and thanks everyone for the good site with good info. I appreciate all the no BS attitudes and strait up answers.

Merry Christmas [:D]

zero7one
25 December 2013, 02:59
Thank you MustangFreek! I am glad that you find our environment one that you continue to frequent. We will always be no-BS and straight-up. We may not have the numbers that other forums have, but we also do not have all of the mindless chatter associated with that. Have a great day and a Merry Christmas!

UWone77
25 December 2013, 14:30
Thanks my man! Glad to have you around. Tell the wife we are sorry for assisting you emptying your wallet at a faster pace. I'm sure some of our sponsors don't mind though. [:D]

MoxyDave
25 December 2013, 14:47
Merry Christmas everyone! [:)]

Just got back from our annual family get-together / eat-a-thon. It's been a great Chistmas. I hope yours is as well.

FortTom
25 December 2013, 16:16
Thank you MustangFreek! I am glad that you find our environment one that you continue to frequent. We will always be no-BS and straight-up. We may not have the numbers that other forums have, but we also do not have all of the mindless chatter associated with that. Have a great day and a Merry Christmas!

The other day, I had a question, can't even remember now, that I couldn't find an answer to. It may be here, sometimes I have trouble coming up with the right search terms. Anyway I decided to "bing" it, and came up with answers from multitudes of sites. Some were "look it up, stupid", or don't bother me, use the search engine, one question to an answer about 62gn Green Tip, question was "what does it do", answer was "uh...penetrates stuff, you stupid douche bag"....seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

WEVO may not have 100K "members", but in a selfish sort of way, I'm glad. Any question I've ever asked has been answered politely, and professionally, and usually within an hour or two, maybe a day or so at the most.

I suspect that may be due to a lot of us being either active/former/retired mil, LEO, ATF, SWAT,....you see where I'm going, and have lived a great part of our lives where self-discipline is a way of life, not an afterthought, or just words. Even the "civilians" on this site, seem to adhere to that principal, and I would bet there are many of them.

There is often a little levity thrown in just for S&G's, and it's always done in with good sense, and in a non-condescending way. I'm not a long time member, but I can't ever recall seeing someone rail on anyone for asking a question, no matter how obvious the answer, or in disagreement with another, resulting in harsh words. On some of the sites, I truly wonder, if a great deal of the posters are even old enough to own a firearm, just from the tone, response and language of their paragraph long rants against another member.

I hope WEVO continues to grow, and yet still retain it's "small town" friendliness and "big town" tech savvy.

I've been shooting the M16 starting in 1975 and am still in the AR/M4 game. Things have passed me by so quickly, that I get lost, and need some help, and I can always find it here.

So, as some of us celebrate this time of year as a time for giving, thanks and reflection, I would like to thank all of you here for your help, recommendations, and understanding (I've managed two builds this year, and have needed some help).

Thank you all,[:D]

Jim

Jerry R
25 December 2013, 16:43
Merry Christmas everyone !

And a big thanks to the Admins and Staff for maintaining the sanity.

browcs
25 December 2013, 17:00
Thanks mustangfreek...same to you.

...and a Merry Christmas to all and your families.

mustangfreek
26 December 2013, 00:44
No problem fellas..!!!

The woman came thru with a few goodies from rainier arms for me, she got what she wanted and kids got spoiled, and now finally home after a long day at grannys..all in all a long but good day..

Carry on as usual fellas..and yes my wallet is empty..especially after lately.. lol...another build in the works..[:D]

TripleBravo
26 December 2013, 19:15
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Seasons Greetings from DC.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2881/11569864015_9f65a26150_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/triplebravo/11569864015/)
Christmas Night in DC (http://www.flickr.com/photos/triplebravo/11569864015/) by Triple Bravo (http://www.flickr.com/people/triplebravo/), on Flickr

UWone77
28 December 2013, 00:14
So what did you guys get for Christmas? Mine is still waiting to be delivered, but curious to see what everyone else received.

mustangfreek
28 December 2013, 00:45
So what did you guys get for Christmas? Mine is still waiting to be delivered, but curious to see what everyone else received.

From the woman and kids

Zero tolerance 350 knife
Rainier Arms NIB BCG
Magpul foliage CTR stock
A couple foliage pmags
Noveske shirt,sweatshirt

Present from myself
14" Fortis rev rail
Fortis Hammer CH

And returning a few little things from her and others and gonna pick up a Rainier forged lower to go with my RA themed LW build that is in the works..

I made out pretty good, but she wanted a list as she doesnt keep up with all my wants, and i told her nothing else besides the list..lol..She did good as i wrote down a regular phosphate RA bcg and she got me the NIB one as she said it was "prettier"...lol

So what did santa bring you rich?

MoxyDave
28 December 2013, 15:48
My family usually gives cash or gift cards. I wish they would try a little harder, but it's just great to see them and hang out during the holidaze.

People seem to have a hard time differentiating between things THEY want vs. thinking about what the recipient would actually want, in my experience. Especially if they're not interested in firearms, I guess it's just hard for them to think that way.

FortTom
28 December 2013, 16:16
My family usually gives cash or gift cards. I wish they would try a little harder, but it's just great to see them and hang out during the holidaze.

People seem to have a hard time differentiating between things THEY want vs. thinking about what the recipient would actually want, in my experience. Especially if they're not interested in firearms, I guess it's just hard for them to think that way.
Same here, cash, gift cards and clothes...little or no interest in firearms in my family, so I just buy for myself...to be fair, no one would have a clue, if they walked into the LGS, what is what, much less what I might want.

It's all good though....

FT

UWone77
31 December 2013, 02:13
From the woman and kids

Zero tolerance 350 knife
Rainier Arms NIB BCG
Magpul foliage CTR stock
A couple foliage pmags
Noveske shirt,sweatshirt

Present from myself
14" Fortis rev rail
Fortis Hammer CH

And returning a few little things from her and others and gonna pick up a Rainier forged lower to go with my RA themed LW build that is in the works..

I made out pretty good, but she wanted a list as she doesnt keep up with all my wants, and i told her nothing else besides the list..lol..She did good as i wrote down a regular phosphate RA bcg and she got me the NIB one as she said it was "prettier"...lol

So what did santa bring you rich?

You got quite the haul my friend!

I told the wife not to get me anything this year. She's done enough for me. I did treat myself to an item though. I'll post a picture when it arrives later this week.

mustangfreek
31 December 2013, 02:28
Ya she went above this year, she is very good to me..Im a lucky one i guess..

UWone77
2 January 2014, 17:32
Christmas present just arrived:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/1525376_596177420454382_125381659_n_zps164631d5.jp g (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/1525376_596177420454382_125381659_n_zps164631d5.jp g.html)

Eric
2 January 2014, 18:34
Nice! I got a lump of coal.

MoxyDave
2 January 2014, 20:59
This allows for close-up shots, correct?

UWone77
3 January 2014, 18:32
This allows for close-up shots, correct?

That's correct Dave... still some getting used to, but so far it's been a great lens.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/1506696_596691887069602_672199412_n_zps19109dea.jp g (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/1506696_596691887069602_672199412_n_zps19109dea.jp g.html)

mustangfreek
4 January 2014, 01:41
Nice..

Gonna swing by so you can do a photo shoot for me since my pictures suck you say..lol

MoxyDave
4 January 2014, 14:52
Wow I may have to check something like that out. I loved doing macro shots with my old point-n-shoot, now that I have a better camera I haven't done much of that since it can only focus down to about 2' away ...

mustangfreek
5 January 2014, 02:44
Damnit met a guy at rainier arms today, where were you rich...lol....bought a gun fr ma fella and had to spend the rest of my xmas money/exhange something while i was there..Damn place always takes my money..lol

UWone77
5 January 2014, 03:01
Damnit met a guy at rainier arms today, where were you rich...lol....bought a gun fr ma fella and had to spend the rest of my xmas money/exhange something while i was there..Damn place always takes my money..lol

What did you buy?

mustangfreek
5 January 2014, 03:07
nothing too good, exchange a rainier shirt that was too small, and picked up a few small parts while i was there waiting to meet up with a guy..picked up a 1911 off a forum member off the other site for a damn good price..

Drooled all over that rainier billet set though.....:P