PDA

View Full Version : My new stick

rxer311
31 December 2013, 14:30
UPDATE: Finally got it out to the range today and put a total of 220 rounds through it. I can get Half dollar sized groups at 50 yards using XM193 55gr mil spec AE ammo. I can frequently put shots through the same hole. I think the groups will tighten up using heavier, quality ammo since this is a 1:7 twist barrel. I will have to get some 69gr match ammo and see how it does.

I am also happy to report that this rifle shot 60 rounds of crappy Tula Ammo with no issues. I am so happy I can now shoot cheap crappy ammo through this rifle!

So I have been working on getting this rifle together for the past few months. I am super happy with how it turned out. This rifle is going to be a general purpose SHTF gun that will see a lot of action at the range. So far I haven't been able to take it to the range but it was test fired before pinning the FH at my local gun store, Lanco Tactical.

Lower Receiver:
-Lanco Tactical Forged Lower
-CMMG LPK with an ALG Defense QMS trigger group
-BCM H1 Buffer
-BCM Mod 3 grip
-Magpul CTR stock

Upper Receiver
-Aero Precision Forged upper
-Daniel Defense 14.5" Lightweight CL Carbine barrel with pinned F marked FSB
-Pinned Phantom flash hider
-Fortis 9" Carbine Cutout Free Float rail
-AIM Surplus BCG
-BCM Mod 5 Charging Handle

Sighting and Optics:
-Aimpoint PRO
-Magpul rear MBUS (not pictured)

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/rxer311/P1040947_zpsb861271e.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/rxer311/P1040946_zps60127bab.jpg

UWone77
31 December 2013, 14:31
So how do you like the Fortis Cutout Rail?

rxer311
31 December 2013, 14:33
Rock solid. Light. Exactly what I was looking for. Almost went with the Centurion C4 Carbine Cutout but the price and weight drew me to the Fortis. I need to get in some range time with it now.

UWone77
31 December 2013, 14:38
Rock solid. Light. Exactly what I was looking for. Almost went with the Centurion C4 Carbine Cutout but the price and weight drew me to the Fortis. I need to get in some range time with it now.

I think the Fortis Cutout Rail is pretty underrated. It provides just enough rail at the front to mount a light. Good looking build. Don't forget to update with a range report once you get it out there!

Cold bore miracle
1 January 2014, 13:42
Can you install the fortis cutout on a barrel with an existing barrel nut and m4 style front sight? Nice looking stick for sure.

KevinBLC
1 January 2014, 15:27
Can you install the fortis cutout on a barrel with an existing barrel nut and m4 style front sight? Nice looking stick for sure.

Yes, but you'll have to obviously remove the front sight post first as the Fortis REV is a one piece design. I think I read a review here about the install on a front sight post cutout.

rxer311
1 January 2014, 15:46
...unless it is a 14.5 pinned...

UWone77
1 January 2014, 16:47
...unless it is a 14.5 pinned...

Exactly... but you can unpin something... ask me how I know this. [BD] Expensive lesson to make on my first gun that I thought I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally need that 14.5" just to shave off the extra 1.5"

rxer311
1 February 2014, 13:03
Finally got it out to the range today and put a total of 220 rounds through it. I can get Half dollar sized groups at 50 yards using XM193 55gr mil spec AE ammo. I can frequently put shots through the same hole. I think the groups will tighten up using heavier, quality ammo since this is a 1:7 twist barrel. I will have to get some 69gr match ammo and see how it does.

I am also happy to report that this rifle shot 60 rounds of crappy Tula Ammo with no issues. I am so happy I can now shoot cheap crappy ammo through this rifle!

KevinBLC
2 February 2014, 11:10
Nice shooting.

Where are the target pics? :)

rxer311
2 February 2014, 16:58
In the garbage can. They weren't good enough to post up here and show my lack of skill!!!

Jerry R
2 February 2014, 17:20
Nice stick - good shooting.