PDA

View Full Version : Who Gives The Best Classes For The Money

CAPT KIRK
10 August 2008, 19:31
So, who do you think does the best job for the money of putting on advanced firearms instrucional courses (e.g. Advanced Carbine etc.)?

I am in the process of getting a LEO Advanced Carbine class "Tailored to Active Shooter Response" put on next Spring at our Academy Range (San Bernardino Co Sheriff). It will be an intense 3 day class with approximately 2000/800 carbine/pistol round count, plus the $500 course fee. We have already initiated the process with a specific group/company, but being this will be our first time doing this I am also interested in any experiences you all have had.

I won't influnce this discussion, at this time, by saying just which "group" we are going with. Once the dates are solidified I will post the course details here if there are any open spots left.

Responses based on experience only please, as I for one don't trust what some internet blog might say.

Stickman
10 August 2008, 23:44
Based on interaction I have had, I would look at Magpuls new training division. That sounds like a heavy round count for an active shooter class, at least if there isn't a solid groundwork already laid out.