PDA

View Full Version : New guy from NW Houston Tx.

AaronP220
11 January 2014, 23:00
Hello all,
My name is Aaron and I've been on long time browser of the forum. I find this place to have some of the finest reviews and information available without the BS and babble of bigger firearms forums.

I'm a regular family guy I supposed. Married, no kids. I've been into shooting probably the last 10-12 years. Started off with pistols and got into competing and having fun with that. I dabbled in gun smithing, primarily Sig P series trigger jobs and barrel fitting etc. Moved to the 1911 and still have a soft spot for them in my heart and a worn in groove on my hip. I got into rifles only recently. A buddy had an AR and I got to tool around with it for a few hours and got bit by the AR bug. Bought one then built one front scratch. I'm still working on developing my rifle skills set. Be it close in force type stuff or moving out to distance. I also enjoy racing sport bikes for the last 5 years. I love it. Wife hates it.

Any way, I'm happy to be here and look forward to the usual quality posts that I believe this place is known for.

Thanks,
Aaron L.

mustangfreek
11 January 2014, 23:55
Welcome..

voodoo_man
12 January 2014, 07:20
welcome

UWone77
12 January 2014, 15:14
Welcome to the forum sir.

TripleBravo
15 January 2014, 10:16
Welcome, sir!

AaronP220
15 January 2014, 21:25
Thanks guys.

FortTom
15 January 2014, 21:50
Welcome,
I received my training during 20 years in military. My suggestion to you, is , if it's in your budget, you take a AR weekend coursel from a well respected outfit or person. Instead of spending a fortune trying to hone your skills on your own, you'll achieve a huge leap forward in one weekend. Practice, practice and practice your new found skills and tactics, and when the opportunity arises again, you could think of doing an advanced course. That would probably put you approaching a level that normally only MIL, Govt. (FBI, DEA, LEO, SWAT Professional Security, Contractor,) etc.. shoot at within a year or so. Just a thought. Welcome to the dark side.

FT

browcs
16 January 2014, 17:42
Welcome Aaron; glad you joined us.

AaronP220
18 January 2014, 19:54
Welcome,
I received my training during 20 years in military. My suggestion to you, is , if it's in your budget, you take a AR weekend coursel from a well respected outfit or person. Instead of spending a fortune trying to hone your skills on your own, you'll achieve a huge leap forward in one weekend. Practice, practice and practice your new found skills and tactics, and when the opportunity arises again, you could think of doing an advanced course. That would probably put you approaching a level that normally only MIL, Govt. (FBI, DEA, LEO, SWAT Professional Security, Contractor,) etc.. shoot at within a year or so. Just a thought. Welcome to the dark side.

FT

Hopefully 2014 and my job will provide more opportunity to get into some classes.

Work and the wife. Not sure which one is harder to work with. LOL.