PDA

View Full Version : Giessele SMR Mk IV keymod - not happy.

AaronP220
18 January 2014, 11:57
I got an SMR Mk IV from SHOT show. Got home and inspected it to find what I believe is a sub quality party, especially from this company. My biggest complaint is the finish. It's feels like 200 grit sandpaper. It's really rough feeling and looking. If that's how hey do it then I can accept that and I'll just get is cerakoted. But the other big problem I have is some of the large machining errors. Like large burrs that were left on and then coated over. Seems like a really rush job. The barrel nut threads have some kind of material on them that has left it covered in what feels like shot. Just over all I'm very let down by the product. Even the discounted cost was still almost $300.

One of the larger burrs left on and then coated over.
http://i.imgur.com/gMGvudz.jpg

The barrel nut - and open grinding on the anti rotation tabs.
http://i.imgur.com/nVsGift.jpg

Maybe I'm just being super picky but I've had cheaper rails, even at the discounted cost, display higher quality and attention to detail and actually feel good in the hand.

UWone77
18 January 2014, 13:29
Aaron,

Have you contacted Geissele about your concerns? Even the best sometimes miss things in QC. I'm sure the Geissele crew will get you squared away.

WeaponOutfitters
18 January 2014, 15:36
Don't really see those issues as issues... but to make everyone happy i'd totally buy that rail off of you, especially if it's the half Keymod Mk4!!!

I'm going to go check all the other Mk4 rails I have in stock (about 30) to compare notes.

Dropped by Geissele to say hello and drop off posters (hope ya got one!) but didn't have cash on hand to buy one of the discounted rails. Every year Geissele brings stuff to the show to sell to attendees at better than distributor prices.

RXM
18 January 2014, 16:00
Aaron,

Please shoot me a PM and I will get you squared away. Apologies for the inconvenience.

-RXM

UWone77
18 January 2014, 19:07
Aaron,

Please shoot me a PM and I will get you squared away. Apologies for the inconvenience.

-RXM

Well there you go. One of the best companies in the industry giving some of the best customer service.

AaronP220
18 January 2014, 19:39
Aaron,

Have you contacted Geissele about your concerns? Even the best sometimes miss things in QC. I'm sure the Geissele crew will get you squared away.

Yes, I sent an email earlier today.

I scored some sweet patches, two SSA-E triggers and the rail.

AaronP220
18 January 2014, 19:40
Aaron,

-RXM

Will do! Thank you sir.

AaronP220
18 January 2014, 19:44
Don't really see those issues as issues... but to make everyone happy i'd totally buy that rail off of you, especially if it's the half Keymod Mk4!!!

I'm going to go check all the other Mk4 rails I have in stock (about 30) to compare notes.

Dropped by Geissele to say hello and drop off posters (hope ya got one!) but didn't have cash on hand to buy one of the discounted rails. Every year Geissele brings stuff to the show to sell to attendees at better than distributor prices.

Yeah, the prices they had going were too good to pass up. I wish I had snagged a few more SSA-E triggers.

Yes, it's the half keymod rail.

AaronP220
18 January 2014, 19:52
I'd also like to say this wasn't meant to completely put Geissele on blast. I was more wondering if I was being a super anal mechanic designer like I'm prone to being (which I probably am) or if I had something out of the norm. I'd like to openly say that I've used and will continue to use Geissele products how ever this ends up as they DO make the absolutely best triggers on the planet.

GOST
18 January 2014, 22:15
Their customer service quality matches their triggers. I've got a SD3G and MK4 on my most recent build.

AaronP220
19 January 2014, 10:55
I was contacted last night. We're already in the process of swapping it.

KevinBLC
19 January 2014, 11:27
Were these sold as blems? or ? Did you have a chance to inspect the rail prior to purchase?

AaronP220
19 January 2014, 17:21
No, not sold as blems. Triggers, swag, patches and rails were FLYING out of that place. I didn't inspect it until I got home that night and noticed the problems.

AaronP220
20 January 2014, 12:05
I'm happy to report Geissele already has a new rail out to me, along with a T-shirt (LOL) and claim tag to receive my old rail back.

Outstanding.