PDA

View Full Version : Rainier RUC Complete Lower

DMViergever
23 January 2014, 07:57
Whenever a new rifle is built the first question is usually "stripped or complete lower?". The advantage to stripped is the user can configure it to their liking without a pile of take off parts going in the parts bin. This usually means more money going into parts and less going into training and ammo.

The Rainier RUC complete lower is a different story. This thing is chocked full of top end parts for under $400 bucks. Both the lower receiver and the 6 position receiver extension are made from 7075 aluminum and are mated with a Fortis Manufacturing end plate and a castle nut that is properly staked. The staking on the castle nut is just another example of the fact that Rainier really paid attention to the details. It also uses a H buffer for improved reliability and control.

The stock on the RUC lower is a B5 Systems Bravo stock. This is the simplified version of the B5 SOPMOD and even though it is a minimalist stock the cheekweld and lock up on it are solid as a rock. If end plate QD sockets are not up the users alley, the Bravo has that covered with a built end QD socket as well.

The Pistol grip is the Magpul MOE Plus which was switched out with when received for a more vertical grip. It now wears a Magpul K Grip which fits in to the newer straight up and down style similar to the UCWRG Grip 23 and BCM Grip Mod 0 that are so hot right now.

The safety selector is the Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS 45 degree short throw lever. It was solid locking and the throw on it was so quick and short that it was surprising and didn't leave you reaching with the thumb to go from safe to fire positions. The short and long levers are also adjustable from left side of the receiver to the right side so it is good to go for both right hand and left hand shooters.

The trigger in this lower is the ALG QMS and is simply excellent and gets rid of that gritty, heavy feeling so many long time AR shooters have grown to love...or hate. The break is light and clean but not so light that reliabilty and safety is a concern. The trigger guard is the polymer version of the MOE trigger guard that is modified to work with a gloved hand.

The roll marks on the receiver are very well machined and the finish is great also. It was paired with an Aero upper receiver and the lock up was nice and tight with very little wobble. The only issue I found with the lower was that the front takedown pin was so tight that it had to be given a love tap to have it lock or unlock. This is not uncommon and usually the parts will wear together and loosen up. Tight is not bad but having to use a bullet tip and tapping it with somethong are not exactly convenient from the start.

In the search for a quality lower receiver this is not one that should be overlooked.

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww27/DMViergever/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_169503543275119_zpskyonmpcw.jpeg
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww27/DMViergever/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_149538137013182_zpsat6hggfm.jpeg
]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww27/DMViergever/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_149542838497399_zpsmysbkflb.jpeg

DMViergever
Www.facebook.com/almosttactical

browcs
23 January 2014, 08:03
Excellent review DMViergever. Thanks for sharing it.

DMViergever
23 January 2014, 11:31
Thank you sir! Glad to be able to.

IRacknBack
8 May 2014, 12:02
Excellent review and an amazing product. I couldn't believe the quality parts that were included for such a low price. the 45deg safety is what sealed the deal for me. Mine came with a MFT stock though? still a great deal.

Peckerinak
8 May 2014, 14:47
They recently started using the MFT stocks over the B5's, as with the grip should be a MFT instead of the Magpul, I have 2, they both work awesome and the safety is awesome and trigger does make it hard to justify spending 300+ bucks to "upgrade".

mustangfreek
9 May 2014, 02:31
Nice looking Lower setup

It reminds me, All this rainier stuff i have, barrels , uppers, bcg's, raptor...

..I still dont even have a rainier lower......I must change that...