PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ladder rail protector?

jvencius
14 August 2008, 17:11
Do any of you know whether the ladder-type Magpul rail protectors come in a pack of 1 strip or are there multiple strips in that ~$12 package? If you only get one, that's stupid-expensive for what you get...

m24shooter
14 August 2008, 17:15
I could be wrong, but I think it is three for that price. It has been several years since I bought some.

TigerStripe
14 August 2008, 23:14
They are individual. $12.00 each.

TS

jvencius
15 August 2008, 07:06
They are individual. $12.00 each.

TS

Damn that's pricey...

I have a LaRue 9" rail on the way so I'd have to buy two sections to cover the top rail (one full 7" piece and 2" off of a second section).

RallySoob
15 August 2008, 14:19
Damn that's pricey...

I have a LaRue 9" rail on the way so I'd have to buy two sections to cover the top rail (one full 7" piece and 2" off of a second section).

its not that bad... leave the top rail uncovered and just do the sides and bottom. Ladders are the best form of rail protection IMO as they are low profile, light, snag free, and the best looking

Here's a shot of mine if ur interested in seeing what it looks like...
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q198/RallySoob/0813081738.jpg

jvencius
15 August 2008, 14:24
I ended up going a combo of rail protectors and ordered them direct from Magpul. I got some ladders for the top rail and the rail segment in front of my 9 o'clock light mount and XTM's for everywhere else since i have Yeti-sized hands and something just a little thicker than ladders but not as thick as TD panels would be easier for me to hold on to.