PDA

View Full Version : Marking on AR lower?

LtWorf
24 January 2014, 17:45
I have a lower that is not anodized and would like to see if anyone has a good and hopefully in-expensive way of marking it. Would like to customize it but not sure how. Stamping would seem harsh but up for some good ideas.
Thanks , Paul :confused:

UWone77
24 January 2014, 18:16
What are you planning to have stamped on it?

FortTom
24 January 2014, 19:51
Are you talking a small mark, one or two letters or digits, or maybe doing all of the marking on an 80% Lower? If I were doing something serious, and wanted it to look right, I'd go one of two ways. Depending on what it is, I'd check out an engraver. I had a jewelry store (private, not chain) do a slide on a Glock, for my best friend, a Master Chief in the Navy, for his retirement with a silver "fill" for 150 bucks. Obviously that's going to depend on the politics where you live, and a chain like Zales is out of the question.

if it's just a digit or a letter, and you have a steady hand, a stamp will do it, but it can get sloppy if you do more than that.

Another option. Have you got a friend, or a friend of a friend....etc..who is a CNC mill operator/programmer, that can work you in between jobs. Sometimes just a case of beer is ample supplication for this service, or 40 bucks cash? He/she can show you the layout, and then it's all gravy from there, nice, neat and perfect.

If you were local, I could hook you up with someone on that front.

Good Luck,
FT

MoxyDave
24 January 2014, 20:20
Check out Ident Marking. I have used them in the past. They do good work.

LtWorf
25 January 2014, 18:21
Was thinking maybe about 8 digits and possibly coat of arms. Thanks for input I will check with a local jeweler.

AaronP220
26 January 2014, 19:47
Most any machine shop with the capabilities to run a CNC end mill can produce some awesome results for not a lot of scratch.

Hell, if you know what you want and want to go the machine shop route send me a PM. I can create the tool path and program for you here at the house and a local machinist can load it up, jig it up and rock n roll.